Sign in to follow this  
Miller

Buying a euro plate

Hi. I am interested in making my plate a euro plate, but i dont want to pay the $399 that plates.co.nz charge. I have heard of www.germanplates.com. These look quite good. Has anyone delt with these people before? Are you happy with the result? In the picture the blue looks quite light compared to the official nz euro plates. is this just the picture or are they lighter in real life? Does anyone have a euro plate on there car that they purchased from germanplates.com that i could have a look at? I have included a picture from germanplates.com and then one from plates.co.nz just so you can see what im talking about. Alsao they seem to cost $23.95. Is this for 2 plates or just one? Also how much would it cost for 2 plates delivered to nz?

Thanks

While we're on the subject of euro plates, how easy are they to install? I have some on the way but Ive heard they can be a bitch to install, any tips?

german plates dece!!

yeah man cheap they get WOFs no worries and take 2 mins to install, buy the mount plates too

If you ever have problems with german plates not getting a wof let me know and il print you a set of nz euro plate stickers to slap ontop of the german ones for the wof.

How hard are those plates to install? they look like a bitch, mine are on the way .. hopefully ill be able to just bolt the bastards on???

Buy the mounting frames, otherwise you need to drill holes in your plates.

Photos of the Deli Roast mobile.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dont be drilling any holes in your plates !

Get yourself some double sided sitcky foam tape and stick them on.

You would have a hard time trying to get mine off...never mind if you were in a hurry.

You then have no holder sticking out and no holes in your plates :)

Edited by martyyn

Whats the problem with drilling holes? Unless you're a noob and do them in the wrong place!

I gave my Mum euro plates (from germanplates.com) for her birthday; because she's anal about people touching her car, she went to Team McMillans to have them put on, and they drilled them, oh and I'm sure if they believed the plates werent legit, they would have said something to her...

beacuse then you have to paint the screw heads so you can't see them. Soooo much tidier with trim tape as Martyn suggests - they'll never come off if you use quality brand tape and clean the surfaces first. Plus they won't vibrate from your sub.

Whats the problem with drilling holes? Unless you're a noob and do them in the wrong place!

I just prefer the clean, smooth look rather than something with screws sticking out of it (even if they are covered with something) thats all !

In the UK all my cars had two screws in them, I thought it was novel coming here and finding plate 'holders' as well as the traditional method :-)

So the plates with raised digits (ala NZ) come from Germanplates, and the UK type perspex ones (non raised digits) can be got from Europlates? Will have to compare prices then.