Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

Em's buying an E30

back in aucks - told ya so... I'm sure I told you that ages ago, never trust anyone.. especailly when cars are involved.

Of course I want it - Hes come to the party and said $3000 whcih I am certainly willing to pay.

My parents don't even want to talk to him now, they will just get me my money (trustee acc) and then I'll sign the papers and negotiate cambelt if it needs doing....

Man I can't wait till Mondays over I hate sitting on the cliff wondering whther i'm gunna fall off or not so to speak lol.

Rog: Yep - Few life lessons learnt. Don't fuly tust anyone. Even if they are your "freind"

Hey Emma! Borrow $100 from your mates as a deposit to secure the deal before the seller changes his mind [be prepared to lose it,if your parents don't agree]

Once you secure the "Original" agreement, then talk your parents round [they are being stubborn, but usually the commitment of $$$ changes their minds]

The problem here is 2 lots of egos going against each other [you are caught in the middle]

Hey Kerry

My parents have agreed on giving him the $3000 he wants.

I've already told my parents to keep their ego's out of the equation and isolate it only to Emma and the E30. Because after all this there will be no egos, only Emma and the E30 :)

I've got $100 cash in my wallet...no burrowing off anybody thankyou very much..:P Always stood on my own two feet and will continue that way.Don't need a deposit...

Its going to BMW for a pre-purchase inspection Monday, then the signing of papers and cash handover will occur. But my parents are concrete on having him use his position as Manager to put a cambelt in (Itd cost us a bit more than him for labour, maybe.) I hope he doesn't say "No I've done enough f**k you" type of thing, I'll talk to him before that happens though and just say look I'll give you the $60 for a cambelt, you use your prowess to take labour out of the equation and my parents are happy and you're happy. I'm happy either way lol, I'm sure the service manager would put a cambelt in for me in the weekend though... minimal or no labour, only parts.

We'll see how it goes. Thanks Kerry for the advice.

Fingers crossed,but right hand only because I was told when I was 7 not to cross both hands, It's never failed me since.

But then again i'm just superstitious!

Cheers

Em.

Good One, I hope it all goes well! You're quite lucky if your first car is what you wanted [instead of some landcrab a relative is trying to unload.haha!]

Good One, I hope it all goes well! You're quite lucky if your first car is what you wanted [instead of some landcrab a relative is trying to unload.haha!]

Thanks Kerry - Haha yes thats true, but its been my dream for ages and I have worked since i was 11 to do it.. 16 now.

Just did a pshop of planned mods.. Hoping Monday goes well. And BS sticker on the rear + MTECH steering wheel one day....

post-377-1168074487_thumb.jpg

Guest Spargo

Thanks Kerry - Haha yes thats true, but its been my dream for ages and I have worked since i was 11 to do it.. 16 now.

Just did a pshop of planned mods.. Hoping Monday goes well. And BS sticker on the rear + MTECH steering wheel one day....

Did you steal nathan's old car? Lawl.

You have learned a lesson that a lot of us have already learned...buying /selling a car can be the biggest pain in the ass......hence the success of Turners and the reason why people trade in and lose thousands..it to save all the greif that you have had.Its all over in minutes.Forget all that though now Em its yours !

Not mine yet though Paul! All these ego's are making for a pretty thin-ice skate...

Im a bit nervous because its in my parents hands now and I'm not allowed to do anything myself - and I guess if you want something done properly you have to do it yourself. :S

I'd like to say that I wouldn't care if the sale falls through, but i tried convincing myself with that before but it didnt work.

Edited by BMW POWER

and I guess if you want something done properly you have to do it yourself. :S

Quoted for truth. Hence why I work on my own cars than pay some monkey who doesn't care.

Well, I'm the proud new owner of a E30.I'm not excited or anything ,just releived.But I guess im modest too :P

Got it for $2800, needs cambelt ASAP. He obliged to that price - strange as hell because he wouldn't budge from $3250 2 days ago.

I guess some things are worth fighting for and dreams do come true, If you are willing to work for them.

Man thats deep but its true.

I'd just like to thank Will,Graeme,Andy,Kerry,Paul,Martyn,Rog,Charlie Fox,318iSCoupe,Suilver Fox,Oldskool, and everyone who has helped one way or another. Especially Will. He's been one of the driving forces of this purchase, and I'm forever grateful.And thanks to Lyndon for selling it to me, cheers bud, even though you won't be reading this.

Handover is 1pm tommorow so will get pics and post them up tommorow night in the rides forum.

Fricken yayness.

Em.

Badass.good stuff Em,fight the farrrrken power (not really).

Don't bother with cam belt...let it root your cams and that way you'll have an excuse to put in a (ph) fat turbo bo eah.Kiddddding

Good on ya child.

Jees, what have we done???? Another woman driver unleashed on the unsuspecting public !!!! :o

Good on ya Em, I'm chuffed!!

Will

Stoked! photo's!!!

My missus is looking at a 318i 2-door 5 speed..

She was the quiet bird in my car e30stz..

Cheers guys. Pics tommorow night, If I can drag myself away from the godamned thing for 5 minutes haha.

The BMW Parts Manager who is also on here said its probly the mintest condition E30 in Dunz. Maybe.. maybe not, but its fricken mint anyway. The BMW technician said to look after it and It'll hold value over the years.

Congrats Em,

I remember my first car (Orange Mazda 808) and I dont think I was out of it for a week !

Get some photos up and do yourself a favour. Stick the money you have left over into an account. If something happens in the first 6 months you can pay for it, if nothing happens then you can buy some goodies :D

It is a nice car, Not too many E30's around looking that tidy EM's, dont forget to attend to those fuel lines mentioned to your parents & the cam belt!!

What a fantastic first car!! dont give it stick, remember its 18 years old, just drive & injoy :)

I'm happy for you , you must be stoked!!!!

Mines 20yrs old and i still trash it when i can, safely. Give it sh*t loads! lol, but only in the right situation Em! congrats well done

I remember my first car (Orange Mazda 808)

Badass

It is a nice car, Not too many E30's around looking that tidy EM's, dont forget to attend to those fuel lines mentioned to your parents & the cam belt!!

What a fantastic first car!! dont give it stick, remember its 18 years old, just drive & injoy :)

I'm happy for you , you must be stoked!!!!

Hey Paul.

Thanks, an yip we will definitely attend to the fuel lines, brake lines and cambelt!

Can ya please thank Ross for me today for checking it out so well. I've got a whole list of issues with it but its mint & at least I know! Beter to find out now rather than later on down the track.

Haha I didn't get that much sleep last night... Wowee exciting.Have to work today too so when the cars here at 1 I cant get here till 6!

Seeing as you posting before 8 in the morning you must be excited.

Good luck with it Emma - pics when you get it.

Congratulations Emma. I'm sure all the agony to get this far will soon be forgotton, and you will have a huge grin on your dial.

Cheers

Grant