Sign in to follow this  
ACS E46

*E46 BodyKits/Parts*

Wanting to know where to buy good quality E46 bodykits ie. M3 front Bumber/ back bumper. I have a 320 E46 4 dr so wanting to upgrade the look a little.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

Wanting to know where to buy good quality E46 bodykits ie. M3 front Bumber/ back bumper. I have a 320 E46 4 dr so wanting to upgrade the look a little.

Cheers

Dan

Hey Dan,

Just a FYI, I'm quite sure the E46 M3 front bumper will not bolt on to your car, same for the rear. Reason being the M3 has flared fenders. You might be able to get a shop to make it work though, ask Josh (Hybrid), I think he has OEM pieces on his E46 330i.

Cheers

Dan

Hey Dan,

The e46 M3 bumper wont just "bolt on" so to speak. The '01 bumper shell is about 3/4's of an inch wider each side. There are about three ways to get around this.

Buy an OEM M3 Front Bumper '01 bumper shell (dont get the '02 upwards as they have a completely different carrier and the carrier costs about $10,000 as its carbon fiber :| )

Get your guards molded / welded (Mine where cut and M3 gaurds welded on to retain the shape) This had two benefits 1/ I got the wide stance I love so much about the car and 2/ if I were to ever ding / smash the front bumper .. I could just buy an off the shelf OEM bumper for repair)

Another option is to take the OEM bumper and cut the plastic and reform it with bog like subtance, its a bit more tricky but means you dont have to get your gaurds re-done.

And the final option is to get one of the Ebay ones floating around. I've seen them on a few cars and they dont look too bad :) they will fit a Sedan.

You'll probably want to do m3 side skirts, good news they fit straight on! and are only about $350 each from BMW

for the rear bumper. unless your hell bent on getting an M3 rear I would stick with the Mtech 2 "Coupe" Rear ... BMW make an adapter kit that allows the coupe rear bumper to fit the sedans :D no more black or painted moldings!

here are some resources for you. My build thread and also info I used for the front bumper. As for the rear bumper and side skirts. I was on my own :(

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=5687

Its 9 pages .. but has most of what I have done in there

This is for a facelift e46 sedan and this one shows you the difference in size for the gaurds .. and here he has cut and reformed the bumper shell

http://www.e46fanatics.com/features/feature.php?news_id=44

Hey thanks heaps for the replies. Especially HYBRID. THats some in depth stuff. Will definately be usefull. Be good to meet up with ya (maybe if there's a meeting in aucks) and talk about E46 stuff. (there dont seem to be many articles/etc on E46s atm)

Cheers

Dan