Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Need for Speed - Carbon

Has anyone played Testdrive Unlimited? I played it at big boys toys and was quite impressed. Didn't play for long though. Been told it gets a bit boring after a while. What do you think?

Has anyone played Testdrive Unlimited? I played it at big boys toys and was quite impressed. Didn't play for long though. Been told it gets a bit boring after a while. What do you think?

i thought it was a bit overrated, a cool concept etc.. but not my cup of tea

the game itself IMO was quite cool. not terribly revolutionary but still pretty cool in its own right. it isnt really doing anything revolutionary though and for a 120 dollar game (on 360) i was kinda looking for a little more.

found it to be more like underground 2 than the last game most wanted which i thought was AWESOME!!

i wish developers looked to bmw a little more when developing games.

one thing i love about pgr3 on 360 is the download car feature. sure it costs you some hideously expensive "microsoft points" but i now get to drive the m3 csl and the m6 around nurburgring.........

Ardmore flying schools sim is based on an advanced version of Microsoft's software, tied into the motion room.

Advanced vs my old copy of the 'basic' uSoft FS?

Tied to the motion room vs my laptop?

Similarly, If you crash the Air NZ sim, you're chucked out of the company, so how can you say they don't handle the same?

I haven't had the priviledge of trying their simulator, althouigh I have 'flown' a flight sim at Ohakea and also at Suwon AFB. Neither bore any resemblance at all to my uSoft FS. In those, I was able to take off fly and land with relative ease. I tended to crash rather more frequently with uSoft FS. To ME - there was a huge difference between the real FS and the home PC versions. You are obviously far better than me at computer games and therefore find the differences to be closer than I do. I did say I sucked at it and that it was my opinion. I respect your right to hold a diffeernt opinion. :)

All that said, I have a retired friend who is devoted to his FS. When he tried out the ANZ 727 FS, he found it very easy and very similar to his home setup. Funnily enough he took a trail at an aero club and didn't enjoy the real thing at all. Strange.

Guest Spargo

You are obviously far better than me at computer games and therefore find the differences to be closer than I do. I did say I sucked at it and that it was my opinion. I respect your right to hold a diffeernt opinion. :)

I couldn't get to grips with leaning out the mixture with a keyboard :D

I couldn't get to grips with leaning out the mixture with a keyboard :D

exotics FTW i got myself a db9 haha!! :)

i use a usb game controller.. it plays just like a ps2 hehe.. clutch works like a treat

i got it from um..my friend :) ... hehe and only about 30% through the game, just about to kick the asian leader back to souf pacific sea.

i choose the muslce..>FUK YEAH!!! good old supercharger and straight toruqe to the road... burn outs everywhere :D ...good for ramming the road blocks too hehehe

must leach this game from the net... go internet go..