Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Need for Speed - Carbon

Obviously it's an arcade style game and not a simulator but that aside what do those of you who have it or have played it think?

i think its pretty similar in game play to the previous 2 nfs but it the little details that count. am always impressed with the need for speeds. i wish there was some kind of hybrid between these arcades style games and the race simulator games, ultimate!

also anyone used the logiteh G25 with it! clutch popping for drifting is awesome!

Those Logitech G25's look like good fun. Which games have you played that let you use the clutch though? Gran Turismo 4 with a clutched manual option would be awesome.

gt4 dont allow the clutch as far as i know...The wheel is awesome stuff

ollie..hook me up! gtlegends phones though

V8 supercars has clutch...has crappy cars and crappy general gameplay but still clutch is badass lol

For those that have it/played it, what style of car did you choose? Tuner/exotic/muscle.

I chose tuner, no real reason for it. Muscle handled like ass.

Others?

Yea played, f**kin tuff game IMO, i went muscle an ive got the camaro, handles sweet, and has some badass accelleration!! Loving rhe Autosculpt feature, just cant wait to unlock the gtr M3 :D:D

For those that have it/played it, what style of car did you choose? Tuner/exotic/muscle.

I chose tuner, no real reason for it. Muscle handled like ass.

Others?

i went exotic because the the previous games were all ricer tuner and i wanted something different, and yeah muscle didn't appeal beause of their notorious bad handling due to over poweredness and my retard right foot

Sucks on DS, lol.

Car games are pretty poor these days imo. They haven't really progressed a whole lot. PGR is ok, GT4 was little better than 3.

GT5 would be cool, but it wont be untill 2050, and its not worth buying a PS3 for $1200 to have no rumble and no HD, (i dont have a HD screen).

In summary, Wii FTW

Wii would be a good replacement for those SkyTV games hehe

Need for Speed Carbon was the only upcoming car racing title, so I was excited as a little girl at candyland, however was really disappointed. I still play it, still enjoy it, just wanted a touch more realism, not much just a little, but I understand the arcade vs sim thing.

I had a hard time picking which console, Xbox (no online) vs PS2 (poo graphics) vs PC (poo controller) vs Xbox360 (dont have one :( ). I'm good with the Xbox and PS2 controllers so I just bought one of those new Xbox360 controllers, has USB and goes straight in to the PC, mint as.

I played Tuner first time around, then on the last few races the computer corrupted my save game *joy*

So I'm redoing it as Euro, but I Just replaced my SLR McLaren with an EVO9 because the tuners are a better choice for this game IMO, its mostly city streets and canyon (almost rally).

Drift mode was more about rythm than drifting :(

But I did love the addition of the clutch key :) Also notice if you're hard in a corner in automatic mode the computer can't change gear and it'll rev bounce, that was one little realistic addition I loved, not many drivers change gear while drifting through an apex.

What are you using on the PC thats 'poo' ?

i'm guessing the keyboard

ahhh !! im getting it tonight from my m8... hopefully c u guys online hehehe.. game ON !!

ahhh !! im getting it tonight from my m8... hopefully c u guys online hehehe.. game ON !!

i would've thought that using the same copy and serial number as your mate etc you would run into trouble playing online?

///W ii will go the way of the dreamcast.

Dreamcast ruled.

Crazi taxi, Bass fishing, NFL blitz was my bext multiplayer experience ever!!!!!

Xbox360=ok (but i dont have a large HD screen so pointless really)

PS3 = $1200 are you kidding? PSP sucked enough

Wii = trying to do something different. I dont know about you guys but i am sick of Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer 7, GT 5, Tekken 6, etc etc.

Trauma centre, Phoenix right, wario ware, FTW

Watch nintendo stock rocket....

PGR is mint..probably the better simulator of the lot.

Would be badass to have something in between and take a bit from both worlds...so Carbon mixed with PGR.mmm

Forza motorsport 2 on xbox 360 (when it comes out) + gears of war pwns everybodies faces. best 3rd person shooter ever IMO

Edited by sakdbma

gears of war pwns everybodies faces. best 1st person shooter ever

Its actually a 3rd person shooter...

^^haha hardout...played it at big boys toys...miiint.

God of war 2 is badass too ..pwning things with axes on the ends of chains FTW!

i would've thought that using the same copy and serial number as your mate etc you would run into trouble playing online?

nah, hes the type of guy that dont play online hehe.. so he told me i can use his cd key online

I've bought/tried several driving simulation games. I totally suck at them all!

Similarly, I suck at flight simulators. That amazed me, as I used to fly light panes and had my private pilots licence.

I am left with the opinion that such simulators for home game use are rather sub-optimal in their execution. Cars and planes just do not behave in the same way as computer games make out.

Guest Andrew

Some do - GT Legends, GTR2 are awesome simulators. Sure they are bloody hard to play - but I definately get the correct sensation when using them (granted with an expensive wheel/pedal setup).

The main problem is speed/depth perception is whack - you just have to learn it.

Guest Spargo

Similarly, I suck at flight simulators. That amazed me, as I used to fly light panes and had my private pilots licence.

I am left with the opinion that such simulators for home game use are rather sub-optimal in their execution. Cars and planes just do not behave in the same way as computer games make out.

Negative.

Ardmore flying schools sim is based on an advanced version of Microsoft's software, tied into the motion room.

Similarly, If you crash the Air NZ sim, you're chucked out of the company, so how can you say they don't handle the same?

Of course it doesn't behave the same way, seeing as you're sitting on a computer chair, compared to a cessna cockpit undergoing pressure and g changes, but the physics built into the "game" are spot on.