Sign in to follow this  
TronSpec

Where's the best place to put a o2 sensor???

While I'm making my exhaust up I've run into the issue of where to plumb the o2 sensor into my exhaust.

Where is the best place to plumb it in??

my motor is 92 2.5ltr m50 non vanos and o2 sensor is off a m60 motor but I've being told it will work fine for my motor by a bmw mechanic.

Anywhere convenient in the front pipe, before muffler or catalytic converter if it has one.

yup. Stock position is usually in the downpipe just south of the headers.

While I'm making my exhaust up I've run into the issue of where to plumb the o2 sensor into my exhaust.

Where is the best place to plumb it in??

my motor is 92 2.5ltr m50 non vanos and o2 sensor is off a m60 motor but I've being told it will work fine for my motor by a bmw mechanic.

I have a Bosch O2 sensor that is correct, and off a non-vanos M50 engine [vanos's use a siemens O2 sensor]

The best place to mount them is where the exhaust is hottest [up front where the 'Y' is ]

pm me your address and I'll post it to you for free [if you feel guilty,you can always buy me a beer one-day]

I have a Bosch O2 sensor that is correct, and off a non-vanos M50 engine [vanos's use a siemens O2 sensor]

The best place to mount them is where the exhaust is hottest [up front where the 'Y' is ]

pm me your address and I'll post it to you for free [if you feel guilty,you can always buy me a beer one-day]

pM'D