Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

Shorty's new beema

Here is my new car, finally all together and on the road.

At the moment it's an 1998 auto 318is coupe, its done 51,000 kms it is the twin cam 1900cc model though, I have a manual conversion kit to go in it, I am just waiting for a new clutch kit, which I am only able to get in mid January.

I have lowered it on Bilstein springs, it has the full m-tech kit, a sun roof, m-tech steering wheel, M3 wing mirrors, I put some 18" tsw thruxtons on it I like the deep dish look on BMW's. I am trying to source an E36 M3 EVO two piece spoiler for the rear, I am planning on tinting the windows then it should be sorted.... I have an alpine head deck, JVC and Pioneer components and a 15" sub in the back which is being replaced by two 12"s at xmas. The interior is Half leather and half cloth with motorsport style front seat.

Hope you guys like it as much as I do :)

post-180-1165626516_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626550_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626572_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626595_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626621_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626643_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626666_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626713_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626738_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626762_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626780_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626796_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626817_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626844_thumb.jpg

post-180-1165626887_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shorty

Your best yet. Very nice how much

hahaha you don't wana know, I privately imported it and it ended up costing more then I expected around the 12k mark :s which is bad because I would struggle to get that for it now, but its ok as I am happy with the final result and I will be keeping it for a while....

mint ride man! love the low stance and the rims that go with it...

how much was that manual conversion kit that you got?

Thanks!!! I think its at a good ride height its not too low, it only just scrapes over speed bumps now as it is so I got to be careful, but its not so low that I'm going to damage something.

I got the conversion kit from my work (European Autospares) got it at a special rate as I'm staff, I'm not sure how much they are actually worth but I paid bout $800 incl. GST for mine.

Hi, did you put the kit on? If so where did you get it from? As i am looking to buy a m-sport front bumper for my car. Thanks

The kit was already on the car, but my work (European Autospares) will more then likely have them, or at least be able to get hold of some

Badass,looks almost like how u said it was gonna look.

Noooice

Haha.. Think that maybe you can set me up with a price on one of those manual kits?

I will see what I can do :)

Badass,looks almost like how u said it was gonna look.

Noooice

Thanks :) I had the image of it set in my mind and aimed for that, it would have had the same wheels as my 325 except some guy wanted to buy it with the wheels, gave me a deposit and at that time the thruxtons came up (I wanted them ages ago, when I had my E30 I wanted them) so I used the deposit to get the thruxtons and then the guy backed out of the sale so I was stuck with an extra set of wheels. However the wheels completed the package of the 325.

The kit was already on the car, but my work (European Autospares) will more then likely have them, or at least be able to get hold of some

nice car dude. iam also looking for a m3 front and skirts. would you be able to price them up for me ?

cheers

dudette :ph34r:

That would explain a few things :rolleyes: nice!

looks good, except for those altezza corner lights!

seen you around botany in the black 3er.

dont u miss the power and sound of the m50? :unsure:

looks good, except for those altezza corner lights!

seen you around botany in the black 3er.

dont u miss the power and sound of the m50? :unsure:

thanks!! definitly miss the sound and the power but sure don't miss the petrol bill, I have a heavy foot and since my 325 sounded nice imo i would floor it everywhere :S not good for my wallet. hahaha my 318 sounds horrible, even more horrible then the usual 4 cyl as there is something wrong with the exhaust, but hopefully a bit of money and effort from pitstop (or the like) will help out with that, and don't worry you won't see a huge rice muffler sticking out the back. That 325 was a bit of a pig really, little bits n pieces were had it eg. the all too common example door pannels - clips broken, and fabric hanging off. would have tidied it up if it was a manual but since it wasn't i didn't see the point for me. hahaha the altezza corner lights they looked good imo on the black 3er it just made the whole area around the lights black with the chrome grill standing out. but since i bought them I thought i better keep them at least until i get sick of them.

nice car dude. iam also looking for a m3 front and skirts. would you be able to price them up for me ?

cheers

For prices give us a call on 262 3752 ask for Kerwin he will sort you out.

That would explain a few things :rolleyes: nice!

what would being a dudette explain just out of curiosity?? :)

The kitten in the avatar?

oh hahahahaha yea one of my mates made it something stupid so i changed it to one of the first things that grabbed my attention hehehe

Looking good Shorty. I like it more than the black E36 in your sig but still like that E30.

The wheels are a good choice. The 318is will be a great car once you've got the manual box in it. A mate used to have one and it was a fun car to drive. Very low kms mean you should be able to drive it for a while with it not depreciating too much in the near future.

Always fun having a new car B)

what would being a dudette explain just out of curiosity?? :)

The use of Pink writing lol, you had me worryed :rolleyes:

The use of Pink writing lol, you had me worryed :rolleyes:

Hey now what is wrong with pink?? :rolleyes: