Sign in to follow this  
ziwi

325is

Hi..Anyone know of any Genuine e30 325is 2.7 litre with five stud m3 suspension fitted and the Alpina engine lurking around if Nz if so how many are around. any for sale ?

Guest Spargo

I've got an Evo 1.

Polaris silver / alloy doors + guards + bonnet / black leather / early spec alpina c2 2.7 lump / m-tec II kit / OBC / non pop out windows / larger spec 7 series tool kit and bootliner / full M3 suspension / alpina sway bars / 15x7 Et30 basketweaves / 3.73:1 LSD

Here is an Evo 2 for sale - the differences are: full alpina b3 2.7 motor / shorter 3.91:1 diff / no alloy panels / chin splitter attached to M-tec 2 kit (this car doesn't have it anymore)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=81669658

If you're looking for a price guide - I've had cash offers of 15K for mine, and that white one is 17.5K.

If you find anymore in the country other than the 3 that we know of, look for the chassis number to tell whether its genuine or not - Evo 1 cars were produced in 3/1990, and their chassis numbers start with OAF (although mine was built in 5/1990 using an OAF chassis - so its still genuine), Evo 2's and Evo 3's were identical in spec and built in 3/1991 and 5/1991 - their chassis numbers start with OAJ and OEJ - although there were some out of sync Evo 2's put together.

So to conclude - NZ has one Evo 1 (mine), one Evo 2 (white one for sale) and one Evo 3 (currently racing in the BMW series)

After hearing how rare, any engine swap would be sinful.

Hows the difference between a normal 325i?

Tad OT but while were on 2.7 engines...

Family friends of ours have picked up a 325i, auto but on ownership papers engine size is listed as 2.7, have seen this for myself. haven't ridden in car yet but apparently goes better than normal 2.5L. Anybody got a clue whats going on with this car? no other sport bits really. Just a stuff up on ownership papers or actual 327i? anything on block to say what crank is in it?

Guest Spargo

a guy on here was selling his??

If it was me, I had seller's remorse (that and Andy keeps having the same about his turbo) :ph34r::lol:

Tad OT but while were on 2.7 engines...

Family friends of ours have picked up a 325i, auto but on ownership papers engine size is listed as 2.7, have seen this for myself. haven't ridden in car yet but apparently goes better than normal 2.5L. Anybody got a clue whats going on with this car? no other sport bits really. Just a stuff up on ownership papers or actual 327i? anything on block to say what crank is in it?

Could just a be a dirty old low compression 2.7 eta engine(wont rev,gutless) buttttt you say it goes better than a 2.5l ?

Edited by drifty325i

I own one evo 2 one of only 5 ever built for the south african group N racing series, I bought it off the Bmw Motorsport director at the time when they retired with only 25km on the clock each car was given to a select few with in the bmw Org. i have seen pics of it posted here on the forums where they got the pic from i dont know , perhaps i emailed it to one of the members.

I was thinking of buying Another here in Nz but the One avail could have had a hard life and is way over priced should be around 15k in the condition it is in now ..needs money spent to get it up to scratch..if it was mint then 17k would be in order..

comment?

I own one evo 2 one of only 5 ever built for the south african group N racing series, I bought it off the Bmw Motorsport director at the time when they retired with only 25km on the clock each car was given to a select few with in the bmw Org. i have seen pics of it posted here on the forums where they got the pic from i dont know , perhaps i emailed it to one of the members.

I was thinking of buying Another here in Nz but the One avail could have had a hard life and is way over priced should be around 15k in the condition it is in now ..needs money spent to get it up to scratch..if it was mint then 17k would be in order..

comment?

From what I know - the one on trade me is sold.