Sign in to follow this  
EVLBMA

I am SHALOW

"Was at the laser light show at Smales Farm in Takapuna last night with the kids when this E36 came in making all sorts of noise, practising his race starts etc, etc. He had "Shalow" on the plate which summed him up pretty well I thought.

Not to sound like an old fart coming down on the "boy racer", (this one was riced up), but if you know the guy, or it's you, keep it to the track and not in a place where there are plenty of families around with young children. Santa had just arrived and my 4 year old was going nuts, so I had enough trouble keeping him under control without you around.

I've done some dumb things on the road in my time, and I'll be the first to admit it, but it was generally when there was no one else around and the chances of anyone getting hurt were pretty low. Those that know me would hopefully class me as pretty tolerant.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day.

Have a good Chrissy everyone and see you in the new year.

Jocko "

Well well well. An entire thread all about me! I'm honoured. No really, I am. As previously stated by other members on the initial thread, the car can be difficult to drive in traffic (such as a full carpark full of light show viewers) due to the nature of the clutch and yes, the car may be slightly louder than standard so you can be forgiven for taking note of us as we made our entrance to the light show which, might I add we fully enjoyed.

Due to the gear ratios and the lack of slip in the clutch it's virtually impossible to travel at speeds below about 10 kph. I do however make a point of watching where I drive especially in crowded Christmas spirited gatherings full of kids so let me assure you, your kids were in no danger!

As for the unnecessary "rice" comment, each to their own. I prefer my car to keep as close to the factory appearance as possible. It came with all the Motorsport goodies from factory. The only features asthetically altered are the ride hight and the 19" wheels. If you considder that ricey then that's fine. I didn't build the car specifically to please you. If I was unable to have pity on you for the lack of enjoyment you seem to get from cars, I would have nothing but contempt for you.

I think Bimmersport as a community would benefit from staying away from stupid threads complaining about the actions of other members. We've all read the rules.

Merry Christmas.

Dude - it's cool. We all drive loud bastard cars that are modified.

This thread will go no further I think his explanation suffices.

Guest Spargo

I think the point to note here is that this is "bimmersport" , not the bmwcc. This place was setup specifically so those of us (all of us!) that like modding our bimmers don't get shunned by the flat cap brigade.

Let's all get along, k?

word, go join bmwcc if your not the rowdy type, just kidding.

I think the point to note here is that this is "bimmersport" , not the bmwcc. This place was setup specifically so those of us (all of us!) that like modding our bimmers don't get shunned by the flat cap brigade.

Let's all get along, k?

Are we talking about having respect for each others rides, which I would like to think is pretty good around here, or are we talking about idiots getting onto the forum and dishing out the verbals ?

IMO the initial post on the other thread was genuine and reasonably well worded as is evlbma's above. The unecessary abuse from whoever it was in the intial thread is what is the issue.

If your going to come on here and start 'giving it large' on your first and second posts then you can expect to get some back, show some respect and you may find the response very different.

good reply EVLBMA all good points, and your car sounds like a machine.

but your mate from the other thread is a dick

Yeh couldn't have been all bad,I was round most the night and didnt see it..(wish I had,sounds tuff as).

HOLLA

Not to sound like an old fart coming down on the "boy racer", (this one was riced up)

Bit contradicting I'd say. Christmas is a bitch to deal with people, get over it.

word..

I'd have to say that calling Curbz a dick is flattering him.

Posting such a lame and imflammatory post for his first post. I'd say that an ignorant Eunich was an apt description.

Closed. You know why.