Sign in to follow this  
allan

New to BMW's

Ooh, i love this game!! It can't be a 540 cause it doesn't have chrome slats in the grill, it can't be a 525 cause in the second pic the end of the model number isn't a 5 - its a 0, so its either a 520 or a 530 and it can't be a 530 deisel cause it doesn't have a 'd' after the model. It doesn't have a telephone so its lower spec suggesting its a 520, and it has the typical 520 steering wheel. 530's usualy come with the motorsport packages and even the standard 530s come with different steering wheels, so i'd say its a 2002 520i in Orient Blue metalic

Edited by Nick021

Have had a bad day so your weird comments are not welcome.

Damien nice car you have.

Sic and blackbma not sure what to make of your words of wisdom.

Nick021 thank you for having a go.But No it is not a 520 I was adviced away from them by some of your fellow members and took their advice. the year is correct and I gave the colour type 4 or 5 posts back. Will be getting our digtial camera back and will post it in my ride section so all will be revealed. But Nick021 your comments have showm me that little things like chrome strips and other items you named can assist a keen BMW fan to identify the make's and models available out there. Thank you for that Regards Allan

Hmmm not all 540's have chrome slats and its not a base spec as it has toys such as angel eyes, pdc and comfort seats. Yes no phone but that doesnt mean much in the overall scheme of things.

2001 obviously because it has the jewel rears but they are not clear.....and youve already said the year :)

Im sticking with the 540 because of the toys and the wheels. Those dont usually end up on 520's, especially the comfort seats.

Im sure there was more but I cant remember the photos now !

ok ... .. those tail lights are LED's which came out after 2001, the xenon headlights came out after 2001, those wheels from what I believe came stock on 530's.

From 2001 the model range was 525, 530, 540, M5 ... am I right?

So my guess is its a 2001 530i

Yes, the 530 does sound like a better bet now I look closer.

BTW Allan, if you give us the last 7 figures of the car's ID#, we'll tell you everything!! :)

Well done Eurovogue BMW and Jazzbazz you hit the nail on the head yes it is a 530i. Prod date 2001-06-27 first rego in 2002, e39, m54 530i, 17' wheels, sunroof, rear curtain etc. Thank you to all for that as you have shared of your knowledge with me. Will post pics of it shortly a 6hr drive home was my intro to the 530 when returning from Auckland in early Jan. Something nice to sit in and drive it. I didn't want to stop put my stomach kept saying feed me feed me. Was surprised at the fuel economy, 560 odd k's 8.3l/100 or 34mpg. Since then have managed to keep it around 9.3L/100.Still don't know how to work all the bits and bobs yet but that is half the fun finding out about what they do.

Hmmm not all 540's have chrome slats and its not a base spec as it has toys such as angel eyes, pdc and comfort seats. Yes no phone but that doesnt mean much in the overall scheme of things.

As far as I know all 540i's had chrome slats and all E39 models after 2001 had the Xenon Angle eyes as standard.

Yeah, thats a good point. all 520's came with the standard seats, not the motorsport or comfort seats.

From 2001 the model range was 525, 530, 540, M5 ... am I right?

So my guess is its a 2001 530i

Yep, they only made 525's, 530's and 540's and M5's after 2001

its quite easy now in hindsight....can see a 0 or part of ot,so must be a 540 or 530.....no response to the 540 sugestion so 530 was right!Fuel economy seems impresive!Auto i assume?

Kiwi 535 yes it is an auto had my arm bent on that one by my wife. In my contact with Cain Chapman he said that you were involved with the bmw car club it that correct or not. As i am interested in the driver programmes that bmw run also all the other benifits that are available from beening a member of the club. Could you come back to me with some info on this

(a.hughes@slingshot.co.nz) or will you be at the bbq in waikanae on the 28th. As stated before will post some pic's of it shortly.