Sign in to follow this  
TronSpec

Haha I didn't even know they made these

yes....the 518 and 520 are really made for the euro market where some countries have rather large (sales?) tax /registration fees for cars over a certain capacity.They would be ok around twn /on the flat/cruisin the "freeway " bu they certainly wouldnt be high on the trafic light GP win roster.My 535 doesnt feel like a rocket ship from a standing start but on the highway its a different story.

not to mention hardly get better fuel econ than say a 525i or 535i and nearly taking 2x the amount of time to get to 100km

Haha yeh i didnt believe they existed till a mate had one at school.. couldn't believe it..

My sister has one and loves it.

She says it cruises well and is economical. I've not driven it so can't comment.

The 4 cyl looks rather puny under the bonnet though.

Her husband had a relly going to England about 10 years ago and gave him some money to send a BMW back. The 518 wasn't even on the list, but that's what arrived. I think he wanted a 540, although he's tighter than a fish's a**hole, so wouldn't have driven it round for long with that fuel consumption.