Sign in to follow this  
cage

Speakers

So guy what speakers do you recomend.

And where do you think is worth going.

Show us what you got in your car and where you got it from.

Thanks

:ph34r:B):ph34r:

main thing to remember with any car speakers is you pay for what you get, seriously, there are no cheaps sounds that "crank yo!".. maybe for a day then 'pop'

recommend infinity (like mine) alpine/pioneer/boston acustics/MB Quart... for components but for the sub range, get something that will suit..

end of the day dude its your money, i would say dont waste money on "shitty speakers, ill get better ones when i can afford it".. f**k that go without and use that cash on the better set. dont get 6x9's save that for a sub and primo amp.

oh and dont skimp on amp quality.. and wiring..and install..

uggh to much, refer to my initial statement

Get the best set of components for the front that you can afford. Don't run rear speakers (or if you do, $99 Sony's off the head unit). Get a nice 10" single sub in the boot. Run the sub and fronts off of a 4 channel (2 channels bridged to 1 for the sub).

Unless you want boom, boom, that should be a perfect set-up for daily, non competition driving.

As for brands, I'm a fan of MTX, but would also go Boston's etc. Remember, the best you can afford for the three fronts/sub/amp.

J

Guest Spargo

MB Quart and Infinity are the best volume brand components you will ever hear.

Alpine do awesome amps.

Avoid sony subs like the plague. Muddy as hell

DO NOT GET 6x9s!

don't get any rear speakers as well. You don't go to a concert to have your back to the music do you?

Guest hizza bizza

No speakers in the back might be fine if you don't have friends :P

I don't know about the rest of you guys but i find it annoying being in the back of a car that dosen't have speakers back there.

As for subs (size, amount) surely it depends on what type of music your into IMO

My set up.....

All Kenwood/Prof installed

-headunit KDC-1023 50x4 watt

-2 pairs of KFC-M1620 6 1/2 inch 3 ways

-2x 12" KFC-W3005 subs

KAC-8101D 1000watt mono block amp

2 guage Fusion wiring kit for the amp

Twin Fusion box for the subs

Cheers,

Ben

It depends what you want, for sound clarity I'd definately look at an Infinity setup all around, but back in the day when I was installing stuff a 300 watt 12" Infinity Beta sub was $1000 or so.

Straight out insane bass to make you go deaf in 3 seconds, something like a couple of Rockford Fosgate Punch Power series subs are not too bad.

But these days I'd definately go for clarity over straight up volume.

I guess it all depends on what your gearing up the system to do and what results you want out of it.

For my 325i I plan on redoing all the speakers and retaining the stock locations using Infinities. not too sure on the amp setup but atleast one amp will drive the sub alone (only going for a single 12"). Nothing over the top, just a nice pleasent well balanced system is all I'm after

IM a big MTX fan.

i have some MTX Thunder2000 componets. f**kEN COOL!!!

What wrong with 6x9's?

i have 4 in the back. 2 in the door and 2 in the shelf. all amped. and 2x10" subs

Pioneer amps are the bomb. old skool ones that is. ones with the ohm thingee on it. Sic & homy dee, i will be in H town on friday 16th on my way up to ak for the weekend. Im keen to catch up wit guys

cool man, keen to cath up aye, have a few quiet ones around the town B)