Sign in to follow this  
oldskool

Oldskool's M5 & next project

Well its taken a while, but I have finally taken a couple of quick pic's.

Race tape at front is from an argument with a possum at about 100 mph. Unfortunately he lost his head completely over the whole matter, so no trading insurance details on that one !! Giving car new set of clothes this year and not sure if I should repair this or leave it as is, votes please !!

In the proccess of removing spoiler also, hence two patches on rear, will be sorted when painter is back from holidays next week.

The old blue beast is my next project, 732 4 spd manual, have picked up front spoiler for it from Sparkle ( courier tickets and vodka on the way Cam ) as well as some five spoke chrome 17's, never been a big fan of chromies, but think they will work on this one.

So with a repaint, 30 - 40 mm drop and restored leather, should be a cool old pimp mobile... will update as we go.

post-323-1168585327_thumb.jpg

post-323-1168585397_thumb.jpg

post-323-1168585485_thumb.jpg

post-323-1168585545_thumb.jpg

I go all wobbly at the knees when i see those six throttle bodies....Very nice cond for the miles Old Skool...

Very hot! now if that aint a woof in sheeps clothing lol i bet alot of cars would get caught out by this m5

AWESOME car! i love!

Is this car a high spec one, or is it a 3.8 and were 3.6L cars the ones with chrome trim and turbine wheels....?

Nice looker - best colour too.

Thank goodness it doesnt have the leather and walnut interior = phew!

Hey, cheers for the positive feedback guys, yeap, has to be one of the most enjoyable cars I have ever owned, used to take great delight in shutting down guys in their rice rockets who thought it was just a badged up 520i, not so many chances to do that down in chch, or maybe its just that I'm getting old !!

It's a 3.6, 3.8 was the later model, was well speced for a uk car, full electrics, self leveling rear, individual rear buckets etc. Just would have liked full leather and maybe in black, but was rapt that it wasn't full grey leather, not a big fan, my 740 is grey and feels like I'm getting into a pair of zip up hush puppies, but hey, right price at the time.

Keen to catch up with other members in chch, Drifty can't wait to check out what your doing with your beast, it's going to rock....

Thats top notch Grant, Always been very fond of the E34 M5's.

Need to get a decent registration label holder :P... If ya want one give us a yell and I can hook ya up.

Look forward to meeting the car and the person at some stage.

Haha, thanks Em, cheers Cam.

Going to put euro plates on it so should look good then, did have T.M. ones on, but front one died along with the possum, bummer !!

Have to give the old girl a chance to stretch her legs, so will def let you know when we are heading down your way Em, that'll give me the chance to check out the mintest e30 that ever there has been too !!

Yeah Cam, can't wait to get the old nail done up, will look smick with the spoiler on it, definately the ideal finishing touch, will post updates as the blue beast progresses.

Let me know what you think about the front spoiler on the m5, leave the battle scar or give it plastic surgery ??

Think it looks kinda menacing as it is, gives it that kinda loved but driven look.

Cheers Grant

Shot mate, PM me your cell num if you have one.

Are you getting PLATES Europlates or German ones? Cos I just ordered my Germanplates liast night, and they were made and shipped this morning! So i reccomend them.. But we'll wait till they get there eh? Haha.

Shot mate, PM me your cell num if you have one.

Are you getting PLATES Europlates or German ones? Cos I just ordered my Germanplates liast night, and they were made and shipped this morning! So i reccomend them.. But we'll wait till they get there eh? Haha.

Hey, did you order them over germanplates.com, and when you recieve them can you post up a pic as I am very interested and just looking at the different options. Cant wait to see what they look like!!

Hey Nick

Yep, I'll post up a pic in "Ems E30" thread once I get them!

In the meantime heres a picture taken just after they were manafactured, costs around $75 NZD delivered for two plates.

Superb service, I ordered them, and within an hour had an email from the guy saying that he is making them,. then 6 hours after that or something (early hours of the morning here, was asleep lol) they were made, shipped, and a photo given to you.

So fully reccommend them so far, but we'll see when they get here. Heaps of BS'ers have brought em

Posted Image

Sweet Em,

Planning on putting a set of personalized euro plates on it, but damn for the look and the $$ those german plates are a steal, they will look mint !!

i have mine ready to go on my e28 M535i when after i fit the M-power (m5 type engine form my M745i)

post-279-1168940068_thumb.jpg

Hey Brent,

Looks good, it'll give the guys you leave in your dust guessing as to just what it was that shut them down.

How's the install going ??

old skool you gotta kep that M5 just right....its a real classic....100 mph....pretty easy in a M5 Rog....