Sign in to follow this  
phat328

Roof Lining?? HELP

does any1 no a gud place in hamz to take ur bmw to to get the roof lining re done?? and also how much??

And to get your springs compressed??

If it's an E36, Drop it out yourself! I know a guy here in TGA that'll re-skin the fibreglass liner [& sunroof liner] for $200

Hey,I'm a Motor Trimmer & I won't bother doing it myself cause he's cheap!

Smith Engineering in Maleme st TGA, will re-set your springs [while you are over here]

pm me if you need to.

If it's an E36, Drop it out yourself! I know a guy here in TGA that'll re-skin the fibreglass liner [& sunroof liner] for $200

Hey,I'm a Motor Trimmer & I won't bother doing it myself cause he's cheap!

Smith Engineering in Maleme st TGA, will re-set your springs [while you are over here]

pm me if you need to.

yer its a e36.but not sure how to do it ma self aye..wont it done proply as iv heard storys tht sum guys compress them rough as..but need some1 in hamz to do my linning aye

yer its a e36.but not sure how to do it ma self aye..wont it done proply as iv heard storys tht sum guys compress them rough as..but need some1 in hamz to do my linning aye

E36 headliners are easy to pull ,go to:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticl...2-headliner.htm

This should show you how.

Get hold of "Hove" on this forum or at carspot. He deals in Beemers, so he'll know somebody in Hammyton that could help

i can a good sedan hood linning from e36 , non sunroof $150 easy to fit in .

in papakura

021433600ah

i can a good sedan hood linning from e36 , non sunroof $150 easy to fit in .

in papakura

021433600ah

Thanks man..but mines a 2 door aye :)

If you don't mind the work, you can actually do it yourself - I ordered 3M Hi-Strength 90 glue in from a place in Auckland and re-did mine in black Microsuede which I got from Spotlight. In the end, though, you might pay slightly more than $200, but then again that was the price I paid for enough material and glue to do the A and C pillars too.

It is a bit risky though, you may not be 100% satisfied with your work especially if it's your first time. So you might want to get someone to do it.

did mine with a can of selleys KWIK Grip and black vynal from spotlight did all the pillars aswell cost me about 80 bucks all up for the material and glue, my second attempt (tried a different glue) turned out pretty good.

How similar are e30 2 door and 4 door headliners?

My friend has a black 2 door headliner that i can have, but i want to put it in a 4 door. Going on a visual inspection, i think i would only have to trim the new headliner to fit a 4 door.

sorry for the jacked thread.

Guest Spargo

Tim, the bit that tucks into the pillars will be different, as the B piller is further back in the coupe than it is in the 4dr.

just spray yours like gus did.

did mine with a can of selleys KWIK Grip and black vynal from spotlight did all the pillars aswell cost me about 80 bucks all up for the material and glue, my second attempt (tried a different glue) turned out pretty good.

So what was the different glue? Glue is the biggest worry in this project... how long has yours held up? I'm on 1.5 years with the 3M stuff.

So what was the different glue? Glue is the biggest worry in this project... how long has yours held up? I'm on 1.5 years with the 3M stuff.

Ados spray adhesive, that lasted about a day then the sun came out and sent my hoodlinging sagging again i wasnt impressed, i should of read the can better it says thats its no good for aplications where in contact with heat, been about 6 months since i did it right with kwik grip, got a few bits that are starting to sag now but barely noticeble, i think i didnt use enough glue in thoes bits, i dont want to have to pull it out again as such a mission getting it in and out of the car.