Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

WTB: Europlate mounting frames

Hey Guys

I ordered my German plates a few days back, and thanks to ze almighty German efficiency they have already been shipped.

Checked how much kiwi dollars it'd be to have mounting frames signed sealed and delivered, and its $45 NZD.

I just though perhaps one of you guys has a couple lying around that you'd like to sell. Just the standard 21" ones I think.

PM, Reply in this thing or email me direct emma.johnston@gmail.com

Thanks

Em

Use double-sided tape Em, I have done it and others too. Much neater imo..

will

ps i have 2 sets in the mail too, probably ordered then the same time as you did.

Edited by will

Yeah wayy tidier there Will. Whats the "stickability" (haha) of double sided tape though? It lasts well?

If no-one was any for sale before I get my plates, then it'll be d-sided tape or screws with white and black caps I guess?

Yeah wayy tidier there Will. Whats the "stickability" (haha) of double sided tape though? It lasts well?

If no-one was any for sale before I get my plates, then it'll be d-sided tape or screws with white and black caps I guess?

Just get yourself the foamy type stuff and you'll be laughing.

Seriously, mine has been on for nearly three years on the 7and they are impossible to pull off. Make sure both surfaces are clean to start with and dont spare the tape.

Dont end up with nasty screws messing up your plate Em <_<

Is everyone ordering from Gernanplates at the moment ? I ordered two sets before christmas, months before in fact and one set has never turned up. To his credit though Chris has made and sent another set so I have my fingers crossed that they will arrive.

Just get yourself the foamy type stuff and you'll be laughing.

Seriously, mine has been on for nearly three years on the 7and they are impossible to pull off. Make sure both surfaces are clean to start with and dont spare the tape.

Dont end up with nasty screws messing up your plate Em <_<

word..

How much kiwi dollar are we spending here?

How much kiwi dollar are we spending here?

You mean here.... or there? There they were $45 delivered but i cant be bothered waiting that long.

Have you got some?

Edited by BMW POWER

I understand if you buy them in sets of two (i.e. two sets at a time) it is cheaper per set, so if anyone is getting a set soonish let me know and I'll group buy with you.

Emma, buy a good brand (like 3M) of foam double sided tape (sometimes called automotive trim tape)and it'll last ages. My 320 had the plates taped on like that for 18months before i sold it and they still were stuck fast when given a light test pull by the prospective buyer.

Yep,3M auto trim tape is bloody strong..costs like 5 bucks from Mitre ten or anywhere,just use a whole lot of it.

Yep,3M auto trim tape is bloody strong..costs like 5 bucks from Mitre ten or anywhere,just use a whole lot of it.

Hey Emma the stuff is called '3M very high bond' tape! It is used by coachbuilders to stick panels to framework [eg; Luton bodies on trucks etc] I've seen aluminium rip trying to pull it off afterwards

It needs 48 hours to cure properly.

I have no idea how many ''Pacific Peso's" for the stuff [try and scrounge some from a Coachbuilder or panelbeater]

Yeh man if someone wanted it they could rip it off with brute force...still strong enough to hold up against driving/thrashing on bumps.

Is it possible to remove the plate with double-sided tape behind it?

Just use a piece of fishing line or steel trace wire looped behind the plate, it cuts the tape easily without damaging the paintwork.

Will

Is it possible to remove the plate with double-sided tape behind it?

Hair dryer.

Warm it up a little, peel it off. If some is a little more stubburn use dental floss :D