Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Cheap getrag manual and 3.64 open diff (e30)

so all you would need to complete conversion would be a pedal box and master cyclinder?

some early m20's seemed to use the 240..not sure about iS box

Everytime a 6-cyl 240 comes up we go through this! 240's for 6-cyl are common as f**k. I've had three of them for a start.

So If both 240 and 260 fit a 320 engine..Whats the difference? I recently fitted a manual conversion kit to my FL320 and didn't bother to check which number it had as i did not know there were 2 types. Had heaps of issues trying to source the correct length driveshaft. Anyway was just wondering if one model was better suited for a FL 320?

Thanks

Mark

So If both 240 and 260 fit a 320 engine..Whats the difference? I recently fitted a manual conversion kit to my FL320 and didn't bother to check which number it had as i did not know there were 2 types. Had heaps of issues trying to source the correct length driveshaft. Anyway was just wondering if one model was better suited for a FL 320?

Thanks

Mark

The 260 is a much beefier box than the 240, can take large Hp.

240 is fine in a 320, 260 is better for the 325 but 240 will suffice in both the 320 and 325 if the driver is not named Gary, Gus etc... :D

I have a 320 and a 323 at the moment, both with 240's and have another two 240's, both out of 320's, in fact it is a long time since I saw a 260 in anything other than a 325.

I have long since stopped making definitive statements about what comes out of where, every time I just start to think I have it figured, something else pops up and blows my theory out of the water. [btw, this is specifically directed at the E30 where it seems anything goes on that comes out of the parts bin at the time..]

Will

Edited by will

Guest Ken

[btw, this is specifically directed at the E30 where it seems anything goes on that comes out of the parts bin at the time..]

Especially those from SA!!! :P

The 240 and 260 for 6-cyls have diff length prop-shafts, so you may think you have it sorted buying a manual prop-shaft, but you don't if it's not the right one for the box you have. Also, the shift console (sheet metal one at least) is a different length for each box.

I put a 240 on my old 320, and bought another 240 for my 325. I found a 260 for the 325 in the end and on-sold the 240 to a bs member.

Side by side the 240 is slightly shorter and ever so slightly thinner around the gut, otherwise they look much the same, use the same clutch, slave, etc.