Sign in to follow this  
phtbmr

WTB:the piece that goes from the bellhousing to the engine

I had a little problem getting the star bolts out, and ended up striping 2 of them,

please help me i had to cut the piece off,

Mal

post-661-1170392503_thumb.jpg

You may end up destroying some of your tools, but yeah after stripping my torx male sockets I managed to get the screws out by hammering them in so they were jammed on and so the bolt could be removed. Easier than trying to work with a stripped thread :(.

count the number of points on the star. http://www.powerbuilttools.co.nz/powerbuil...ketonlysets.htm

see. the male torx bits, I think thats what your looking for. Go into repco and they should have them. 3/8†Dr and 1/2†Dr 6pc Male Torx Socket Set. Would probably pay to use a powerbar to turn it, to save thrashing your torque wrench.

Measure hte size and check.

Edited by E30stz

You need the female Torx, sizes E-10, E-12 and E-14.

i was after the piece that goes from the bellhousing to the engine,

The thing in the picture please does any body know?

Check at a wreckers - unfortunately unless someone has a dud motor, then they won't be wanting to sell that peice separate. For those of you confused I think what he is after is the inspection cover that bolts on the bottom of the motor and also to the gearbox bellhousing.

Or maybe you could get it welded. it's alloy, so that makes it a bit harder as older dirty alloy won't weld as easily as new stuff, but it doesn't have to be water tight, so a rough weld would probably do - unless you bent and cracked it getting it off.

Dude, I know its a bit late for lectures, but cutting the bolts would have been a better idea, or using the right tools.

i was after the piece that goes from the bellhousing to the engine,

The thing in the picture please does any body know?

I can supply one- call or PM me 027 614 6607

Cheers

Grant

Check at a wreckers - unfortunately unless someone has a dud motor, then they won't be wanting to sell that peice separate. For those of you confused I think what he is after is the inspection cover that bolts on the bottom of the motor and also to the gearbox bellhousing.

Or maybe you could get it welded. it's alloy, so that makes it a bit harder as older dirty alloy won't weld as easily as new stuff, but it doesn't have to be water tight, so a rough weld would probably do - unless you bent and cracked it getting it off.

Dude, I know its a bit late for lectures, but cutting the bolts would have been a better idea, or using the right tools.

yes i know :) i was hoping that Drifty325i would of had his one with the engine im getting off him. but it went with the gear box

yes i know :) i was hoping that Drifty325i would of had his one with the engine im getting off him. but it went with the gear box

Hang on dude! its still on the engine, i thought you were talking bout the flywheel plate. All good mate its coming up with the engine