Sign in to follow this  
bravo

e30 325i Baur on TM

Not many with tech I at all - missing boot spoiler, otherwise this car looks good in the phots, which makes it a very sharp price.

I know most of you prob not into the Baurs, but those that are, this is a steal.

Link

I'll be the first to ask a the stupid question then - what a Baur?

I'll be the first to ask a the stupid question then - what a Baur?

e21 and e30 convertibles made by a company called Baur under license from BMW before BMW started making their own in around 1987.

They cars were delivered under order to Baur direct from the BMW factory. Baur took out the rear windscreen and C-pillar. Strengthened the B-pillar and put a big f**k-off brace between the two B-pilalrs and between each A and B-pillar on each side then cut the roof out, tidied it up and covered it in canvas. Reinstalled the roof as a removable piece that mounts in the boot when off and added a drop-down rag and perspex rear hood. Viola! convertible without scuttle shake long before BMW made their own full cabby. They're pretty ugly to most, but have rarity and character value.

My Dad has one - a 323i. i won't tell you what he paid, but it was less than I paid for either of my e30's, but is probably worth somewhere around $7-8k in current condition. It was the first e30 I ever drove and was what hooked me on the marque.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

I agree the one in Chch is very sharply priced, dependimg on condition. It appears to be full M325i spec, thus a rare bird. These cars will appreciate in value very soon.

The Baur conversion is very well done.

e21 and e30 convertibles made by a company called Baur under license from BMW before BMW started making their own in around 1987.

They cars were delivered under order to Baur direct from the BMW factory. Baur took out the rear windscreen and C-pillar. Strengthened the B-pillar and put a big f**k-off brace between the two B-pilalrs and between each A and B-pillar on each side then cut the roof out, tidied it up and covered it in canvas. Reinstalled the roof as a removable piece that mounts in the boot when off and added a drop-down rag and perspex rear hood. Viola! convertible without scuttle shake long before BMW made their own full cabby. They're pretty ugly to most, but have rarity and character value.

My Dad has one - a 323i. i won't tell you what he paid, but it was less than I paid for either of my e30's, but is probably worth somewhere around $7-8k in current condition. It was the first e30 I ever drove and was what hooked me on the marque.

Thanks for the history lesson guys - very informative :-)

Someone I know says they know this car and if it is that car, then its a tad rusty and been hacked a little by one of the previous owners. Nothing a decent going over won't turn up, but check it first. Looks bloody good in the photos, but photos lie.

I kinda hope its a gem as there aren't that many around in even average condition - for some reason almost all of the ones I've seen are in desparate need for TLC.