Sign in to follow this  
lbirgel

E30 325i M

Well I have been a member of BS now for a couple weeks and I thought it was time to post a ride of my old pride and joy and well my new set of wheels.

The first couple of pics are of my old 1986 325i which unfortunately was written off just before Christmas leaving me carless for well 4 weeks. What ya need aye some stupid idiot not looking where he’s going and running into the back of you.

So well that’s when my hunt began for a new BMW.

Over the weeks nothing popped up that I wanted to buy so I hate to say it but yes I was going to buy a cheap Honda to get me round while I looked for the right E30.

Fortunately for me the morning I was going to buy the Honda I came across my new E30. It’s a 1989 325i M

It’s had a few mods like extractors and a free flow exhaust but overall it’s pretty standard. Before the insurance took my last car I striped all the parts off it and put all the original parts back on. Ive sold everything but I still have the bucket seats to if anyone is keen let me know. They will bolt straight into any e30 as the brackets have been professionally modified.

so yeah my plans for my new car is well ill get the wing mirrors painted the same colour as the car and ill get 50% tints to protect the leather. (Don’t want to go to dark) would like to do an engine conversion to a 2.7 swell later on.

Also I haven’t yet managed to put my personalised plate on the new one yet but ill see.

Im pretty keen to meet up at an Auckland meet some time to meet up with some other BMW enthusiasts.

Please leave some comments or if you have any info on the car let me know.

Cheers Lukas

post-1647-1171092840_thumb.jpg

post-1647-1171093851_thumb.jpg

post-1647-1171093891_thumb.jpg

post-1647-1171093986_thumb.jpg

post-1647-1171094193_thumb.jpg

post-1647-1171094452_thumb.jpg

spotted you a few weeks ago in the city on queen street.

incase you didnt know, two members on this board has owned that car already..:)

spotted you a few weeks ago in the city on queen street.

incase you didnt know, two members on this board has owned that car already..:)

Was gonna say I reckonised the plate. :unsure:

Looks mint az mate, Im not really a huge fan of new school wheels (even tho i have a set atm) but they look good. love the dish!

Hahah yeah

I know its had quite a hand full of owners when I did the vir. yeah the wheels were a bit of a mission to find in the corect offset but they turned out alright :)

If the people who have already owned the car read this it would be sweet to know a bit of history about it and maby some pics if ya have any?

the wheel model is vtec aye? what are they worth? 16s?

yeah there vtec worth round 2k with tyers. 17's

I think they would look even better with darker centers, like gun metal grey. Would make the lip look more prominent

Edited by drifty325i

You seriously do not want to know its history - let alone any of the stuff I did to it :mellow:

Basically the motor is f**ked (you probably know this) - it has the worn out LSD that I killed with my racecar. It got a fine from the police for previous owner (before me) cutting holes in parcel shelf (i'm fairly sure the car dealer who owned it fixed it though).

Aside from that the body is straight as - I paid 4.5 for it - sold it for 6.5. I nearly paid 5k to own it again but your dad(?) walked in and bought it before I could buy it back.

On a side note: It has got progressively tidier each owner that has had it - previous owner before me did the body kit. I only sorted mechanical stuff - the car dealer you got it off ripped off mirror tints - painted it etc etc

You seriously do not want to know its history - let alone any of the stuff I did to it :mellow:

Basically the motor is f**ked (you probably know this) - it has the worn out LSD that I killed with my racecar. It got a fine from the police for previous owner (before me) cutting holes in parcel shelf (i'm fairly sure the car dealer who owned it fixed it though).

Aside from that the body is straight as - I paid 4.5 for it - sold it for 6.5. I nearly paid 5k to own it again but your dad(?) walked in and bought it before I could buy it back.

Well yes i am aware that the engine isn't the best any more and it will need a new one soonish. yes the previous owner did fix all the holes and get new door cards for it as the old ones were rooted. and i am also awear that you came to buy the car back. i was also told that you blew the diff in your race car and that you were keen to take the one out of that car and put a standard one back in hence you wanting to buy it back. im not quite sure why else you would want the car back if it was totaly f**ked??? so there must have been something there u were after. cheers for the pic. they are pretty sweet mirrors.

Well yes i am aware that the engine isn't the best any more and it will need a new one soonish. yes the previous owner did fix all the holes and get new door cards for it as the old ones were rooted. and i am also awear that you came to buy the car back. i was also told that you blew the diff in your race car and that you were keen to take the one out of that car and put a standard one back in hence you wanting to buy it back. im not quite sure why else you would want the car back if it was totaly f**ked??? so there must have been something there u were after. cheers for the pic. they are pretty sweet mirrors.

I like the car - think it looks badass (thats why I wanted it back). Car isn't rooted - motor is. Pretty cheap and easy to chuck another engine in.

If i owned it - i'd put the body kit on properly and do some of the other little things it needed (shocks, springs, bushes etc)

I like the car - think it looks badass (thats why I wanted it back). Car isn't rooted - motor is. Pretty cheap and easy to chuck another engine in.

If i owned it - i'd put the body kit on properly and do some of the other little things it needed (shocks, springs, bushes etc)

yeah it looks sick aye!! i am in the process if doing all that slowly im just keeping my eyes and ears open for a good engine to pop up. is the diff really f**ked or will it be sweet??

yeah it looks sick aye!! i am in the process if doing all that slowly im just keeping my eyes and ears open for a good engine to pop up. is the diff really f**ked or will it be sweet??

The diff won't break or anything - and you could recondition it - it just doesn't have much limited slip ability left (the clutch plates are worn). It is still better than an open diff though and goes sideways as :D

The diff won't break or anything - and you could recondition it - it just doesn't have much limited slip ability left (the clutch plates are worn). It is still better than an open diff though and goes sideways as :D

cheers thanks i will look at doing that. do you know what cost there would be in doing that well a rough figure?? and also what car is the diff origenly out of? sorry about all the questions just interested.

If the people who have already owned the car read this it would be sweet to know a bit of history about it and maby some pics if ya have any?

hay m8 i use to own this little skid car trashed the hell out of it every day i had it i owned it for about 3 years i was gonna 2.7 the engine myself but never did just got bored of it. got a porsche 944s now much better but year that e30 was cool when i had it good to see someone that has some interest in it. i put the kit leathers extractors on it got it a paint job spent $1000s hears a pic of when i had it. ps the new wheels u got on look sick

post-974-1171952227_thumb.jpg

Edited by smithy

hay m8 i use to own this little skid car trashed the hell out of it every day i had it i owned it for about 3 years i was gonna 2.7 the engine myself but never did just got bored of it. got a porsche 944s now much better but year that e30 was cool when i had it good to see someone that has some interest in it. i put the kit leathers extractors on it got it a paint job spent $1000s hears a pic of when i had it. ps the new wheels u got on look sick

Sweet just looked at your profile and you have alot of pics on it!! yeah the car has started to smoke quite a bit. the guy before me got a qoute for like a grand to fix it. but i thought i may aswell drive it for another year and then put a 2.7 in it with lower km. looks like you spent a bit of $$ on it with the paint job and extractors. nice work!! yeah even tho its getting tierd its still a fun car to drive. just ordered my number plates today to put on. so yeah thats sweet.

wicked man cheers for the pics

hey

you dont happen to have any pics before the body kit and the seats went in do you?? and any pics of your porsche