Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

My Paddock Basher

A mate and I purchased a 1980 Hillman Avenger for 4/5ths of f**k all and decided it was going to be perfect for the paddock our friend has.

This is what she looked like when we first got her...its almost a sin to see what it looks like now, but so far we've done over 200 laps of the paddock, and i'm happy to say, the avenger lives on :-D

Posted Image

The weekend that just past was the best ever for two reasons. 1. The avenger finally looks like a paddock basher, and 2. after we thought it was well and truly dead, it still lives! :D

We began the day, by checking the oil, adding fuel...and giving it an artistic dribble of rattle can paint....

Posted Image

After 2 laps of the paddock, both engine mounts were rooted, and the engine had shuffled to the side, just enuff so that the altenator pulley rubbed on the lower radiator hose, ripping a hole in it. A bit of belt strapping from an old delivery truck wrapped around the entire engine, some radiator hose repair, fresh water and we were away again.

Posted Image

To improve our subjects aero dynamics, and its appearance, we felt a rather large sledge hammer was needed....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Towards the end of the day, it was scorching hot, we were covered in dust, and i became a little too over confident behind the wheel...heres a vid of me almost taking out a tree :lol:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...c5-cccba27178f9

All in all it was a great day, and i look forward to next time :)

heres a vid of me almost taking out a tree :lol:

a tree at my place had a similar close experience of the Graham kind this weekend too.. :D

Will

Lol.. Seems like we have a fetish for swearwords on our hands..

we did have a hell of a time getting it out to the paddock... the first attempt in broke down 3 times on the motorway due to the distributor rotor being faulty, the second attempt the belt driving the alternator, and the water pump decided to let go as i was cruizing on the m'way, i ended up having to change the belt over on the side of the m'way lol....so we thought we'd paint all the swear words said whilst getting it out to the paddock haha.

The Avenger would not be alive to this day if it wasnt for our custom front mount..........electric fan we scored of a honda poolude

Posted Image

I see there's a critic expressing his opinion about your 'literature' on the boot, with a sledge hammer [nobody appreciates art these days hahahaha!]