Sign in to follow this  
dave

First it was ford/holden now bmw/audi?

they look simlar as...

rear lights..

window shapes

the lines on the side of the car

Edited by dave

Gosh he's just trying to say they look similar at a first glance. We don't need Chris Bangle on here stating why his car is soo different from Audi!

Edited by BMW POWER

I reckon there are pretty much the same, unless you pick out details, if you just looking at the proportions of the car they are very similar

Um No.

Rear lights

Bmw are trapezoidal on boot and stepped onto quarter, has clear lens under quarter, plus wraps round and leads into accented hip line on side of car, increase in size as they reach the corner of the car

Audi are "triangular" on boot and lead into detail across boot, reduce in size as they reach the corner of the car, truncated by shut line of rear bumper panel on quarter panel.

Window shapes

BMW is trademark "dogleg" reverse cut with radiused curve following roof line generating slim pillar line

Audi is steply sloped rear line , no reverse cut drops from roof line to form solid triangular rear pillar

Lines along side

Bmw has accented hip line ties lights and door handles , plus accent line under door in sill which re appears under bumper line at rear

Audi uses soft flowing "classical" curved shapes , no accents on side panels, slight retro hump in rear wheel arch

Plus a Myriad of other details like panel under bumper, horizontal shut lines on rear of BMW vertical shut lines on Audi, detailing around rear lip of boot and number plate wider boot lid shape on Audi. Exhaust positions

so are you saying they look the same?? I lost you after um no.. :wacko:

What pics are you people looking at? These two cars are way different, perhaps if you had poor eyesite you could mistake the colour and the porportions but everything else is different.

Since all modern cars are designed using similar parameters, surely it is logical that some similarities will exist?

When the E60 came out, the first thing I thought was Nissan Maxima!

Look very similar to me.

I am with the naysayers, silver coupes is all they have in common,in real life you would never mistake one for the other.

everyone is stealing from everyone ... its been happening for years ...

post-373-1172204057_thumb.jpg

For god sake you guys are immature.... Yeah look twice and you'll see the differences... but f**k sake get over yaselfs grow up

All asian girls are the same

yeah thatd be right hard to tell them apart lol

i think his point is that its like ford and holden, there simalar in looks but not the same, i can see where your coming from.