Sign in to follow this  
TronSpec

E30's Expensive in Australia?

I was looking around for an online BMW community such as our own but all I could find is some wanky bmw car club where they have meetings once a month at top scale resturants in & around sydney.

Also was checking out e30's for sale. For a stock facelift 325i manual their stilling fetching 10g-15g for a nice one even with 200,000kms.

One that got my attention was this 325i that had non vanos m50 engine and trans. Here's the ad. f**k???!!!! 18500k holy sh*t and I'm selling mine for $5g and I've got more done to mine.... Hmmm either we are way off the mark price wise here in New Zealand or Australian e30's are a ripp off. :(

Looks like I'll be trying to score a shitter and have to fix that up from scratch

"For sale BMW E30 M50. Features include: Large housing LSD diff, upgraded brakes, front and rear strut braces, ABS, Front camber kit, power mirrors / windows, map light rear view mirror, original front Reiger Infinity spoiler, head light eye brows, Bilstein / Eibach Pro suspension, 16†wheels, factory CD stacker, A/C. The car is an original E30 325i with M50 engine and gear box.

Fantastic, reliable performance and extremely economical on fuel. The car has never been in an accident and the body is original.

$18500 negotiable, "

post-746-1172691558_thumb.jpg

post-746-1172691570_thumb.jpg

Australia have a luxury car tax and so all European cars are still having high residuals.

The 69 540LE's over there (like mine) are going for $25k in poor condition and up to $40k in pristine condition.

You moving to Oz?

Don't sell yo' car..... you are allowed to take it over, then sell that sh*t over there for huge profit...or keep rolling in it...

Had to sell for ticket and sh*t. I'll just build one on the cheap as I can do it all myself and sell that for profit. Hmmmm I should just buy some tools and engine crane and make sure I've got a shed and start swapping twin cam motors (hehe could even do the old m20's ) for customers and build ones to sell since I've found some old 320i's for between 1k-5k.

That way I'm still working for myself ( I hate working 4 wage's nahmean )

Edited by Gary

Cain is on the money about the luxury car tax, but Australia also has tighter Jap import laws, so all used cars are slightly higher priced anyway.

Someone needs to lobby parliament over there - e30's luxury car???? WTF? Maybe they need a 20yr classic car expemption on things like that. Only prooblem is huge depreciation if you own a car at the point it turns 20.

Edited by bravo

Yup cars in Australia are f**king expensive and 200,000 k to them is NEW!!!!

I seriously think you should do what you were talking about, (Buying shitters and macking them out) Im pretty sure you would turn a good profit, you could probably even (once you are established) buy a container and fill it up with cheap parts from NZ (as im sure the parts over there are just as expensive as the cars themselves) and just make E30's to customer specs haha, that would rule!!

As i told you up north though Gary, and as stated above, you can buy a wicked old school holden (Im not going to say ford) for el cheapo, usually with a few mods and in good condition. Also their cars are not as prone to rust etc as they are here.

buy a container and fill it up with cheap parts from NZ

Chris mate I think you onto a good idea there B)

well it would be very logical!!!

Ask will if you can borrow his container!!! lol

Yes.

NZ is flooded with cheap Japanese imports - which is great for affordibility. Australia is not.

I roffle waffle at e30 prices here. Then I am :(

However, e30 M3's are cheap... (relative to NZ)

I drive 15,057km to work and back daily. It's a big country.

Search for used Nissan Patrols of Toyota Landcruisers - pretty common to see 400,000km+

Ash

Yes.

NZ is flooded with cheap Japanese imports - which is great for affordibility. Australia is not.

I roffle waffle at e30 prices here. Then I am :(

However, e30 M3's are cheap... (relative to NZ)

I drive 15,057km to work and back daily. It's a big country.

Search for used Nissan Patrols of Toyota Landcruisers - pretty common to see 400,000km+

Ash

15,057km daily! daayum :wacko: Maby if i took out the 0 and made it 1557km? :rolleyes:

f**k yea thats alot of k's for one day!!! Travelling at light speed etc etc

No sh*t man. God damn do you use your m3 daily for this???

I'll be using a push bike to get around and to work etc

why though? ozzy's public transport is way more advanced and effective than ours....

edit:not a f**king ripp off either!!

Edited by ED1RTY

haha healthier to ride a bike you lazy lil f**k :P

Plus I like being in control of where and when I go. Your rite public transport is good ie. I'm taking a train from sydney airport that'll drop me off 2 mins from where I'm staying , but

Edited by Gary

Guest Denny Crane

I know of a mint 318iS coming up for sale, dunno what your budget is though Gary

I know of a mint 318iS coming up for sale, dunno what your budget is though Gary

Nah sweet Cheers Sam.

I want to start with a 6 cylinder one. has all the bigger halfshafts and diff, suspension, brakes etc etc needed for a twin cam swap

Edited by Gary