Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Bay Of Islands Sailing Week Pics

A few weeks back, I was involved in the annual Bay Of Islands Sailing week Regatta. For those of you who don't know - it is one of the countries biggest sailing events.

Keiti (Spanner Girl), My dad, and myself are all volunteer Coastguard members. Dad is a Senior skipper and helped start th eunit up here (was the inaugral president for 5 years), I am about 2 minutes away from being a qualified skipper, and Keiti is a new member on basic crew. So as we know the organisers, are qualifeid, and also know many of the competing yachtsmen we were asked to help.

Our launch was one of the committee/start boats and I got some decent pics - here are a few. BMW related hence posting up here.

Click to enlarge: (first 3 are random action shots, others are Team McMillan Boat)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Team McMillan pwned by suzuki: the suzuki boat crossed the line about 8 secs later well in front.

Posted Image

This next pic - the boat with the yellow spinnaker is Custard Truck - possibly NZ's fastest sport boat built by a friend of mine, and my brothers ex-flatmate, Richard Kiff. His Parents organised the regatta.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was an awesome week off work. Weather was mostly great, sailing was great, and the after parties each night were exceptionally great. I wasn't the only bimmersport member who had a good time at the after parties either... Good times had by all.

Baddass...........

I like getting stoned while out having a sail :ph34r:

f**kin peacefull & quiet and when the winds up you can really get some speed on

Awesome i used to have a sunburst, dam it was good fun. Good pics !

Used to sail a Starling as a kid and Dad had a Farr 6000 Trailer Sailer that we used to take up to Waikaremoana for a laugh. Great times.

I wasn't the only bimmersport member who had a good time at the after parties either... Good times had by all.

Bahahahahaha silence