Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Talk to me about M30's

Guest Denny Crane

How can you visually tell a 2.8 from a 3.5?

What is the deal with the 3.2 / 3.5 stamped on the intake manfold - is this the same manifold across the board?

just say no sam. 3.5L 208 hp good ness?

that should indicate a 3.5 Sam, the 2.8 has 2.5/2.8 stamped on it (from memory, but I'm old and am so enjoying senility!!.. :wacko: )

also, if you can see the engine number (will be somewhere down the lhs (passenger) side of the motor, it will have a sequence of 3 paired/single numbers/letters, the first of which will indicate the capacity of the motor. The long sequence of about 8 numbers either above or below this paired triple sequence is the actual engine number.

check below, the 18 at the top lhs indicates a 1.8 motor (from my 318 vert), I have just checked my 328, the rows are reversed but the first 2 numbers below the engine number are 28, so seems to hold true.

Posted Image

sam just go round and have a look at the car, check the number as will suggests.....

Guest Denny Crane

sam just go round and have a look at the car, check the number as will suggests.....

cheeky