Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

Insane Turbo E30 mmm screamer

Well..i think i saw it on here :unsure:

Might have come across it while browsing round on youtube.

Who knows most likely has been on here either way its damn cool! I couldnt help but laugh the first time i watched it lol

Yea thats so true, spose i dont have to go M50 but would really like to. The M20 is a SOHC is it?

its an m20b25 that has had _a lot_ of money spent on the head to get it to flow properly to get the CFM up so they didnt have to run as much boost .. (around 25psi) Welded the water channels / jackets to stop the block crumbling under boost and obviously its forged.

You still would be better buying an m50 non vanos and turboing that. It would work out cheaper as its 24 valves not 12 valve and would would spend every waking hour working out how to get the same flow outta 12 valves. more boost isnt everything remember :) you just end up dumping silly amount of fuel to keep the thing from going pop.

Yea i would much prefer M50 being 24V DOHC etc.. Just a matter of finding one at a good price.

start down at Bavarian Motors and talk to Ray. he'll sort you out ...

Sweet cheers hybrid your a real help. People are so helpful and friendly on this forum :D not all M50's are 2.5L correct?

an of course you NEED a Holset turbo bigger than your head - that really is mandatory in sweden. :D

hehe im looking into a garret GT42r it all depends on the flow rate though .. no point sticking to bigger turbo on .. screw having a boost threshold at 5.5kRPM and having to run 25 -30 psi just to push spin the thing. Also no point having a smaller turbo and topping out the engines HP potential just because the turbo isnt generating enough balls