Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

1988 E30 318i

whhhat where did you get those!! hot.

And where did you get that pic of the 15" RS riley? look so much better than mine, with the polished center cap- ive tryed but it oxidises VERY quickly..

And the place i got my RS's one said i couldnt get a bigger dish for the rear??

Will - ill be interested to see how those wheels go for you, i find that water marks are an absolute pain, how can you keep them shiny for longer!

Edited by nz320i

Damn 16" eh, tyres are more expensive for them to arnt they? :( Yea not a turbo project yet will be a while till that happens gotta find a money tree first. Antony's mags look pretty mint, id love a set of these...

Posted ImagePosted Image

And where did you get that pic of the 15" RS riley? look so much better than mine, with the polished center cap- ive tryed but it oxidises VERY quickly..

Will - ill be interested to see how those wheels go for you, i find that water marks are an absolute pain, how can you keep them shiny for longer!

I use Mothers on my polished wheels. Seems to keep them clean for quite a while before needing a touch up again.

Damn 16" eh, tyres are more expensive for them to arnt they? :( Yea not a turbo project yet will be a while till that happens gotta find a money tree first. Antony's mags look pretty mint, id love a set of these...

Posted ImagePosted Image

/

Id kill 4 a set of these wheels, and the paint job

post-1273-1174378163_thumb.jpg

I know your pain chris, try putting a wax on after you've polished the alloy.

Hah oh yer didnt even think to look at that... may as well run biscuits haha. Yea sux theres so many nice E30's over there! Spose they have the market for them though to?

says who.. pic of my 16" 3 piece BBS ET25 4 stud wheels soon to go on the wagon.. they are as rare as rocking horse s**t and they are NOT for sale.. :(

but 16's are the ideal size for an E30..

Will

You little bugger! niccce

Found the pick on the net mate. They are dam hot aye, have you thought about clear coating your mags to keep the shine?

Im sure its been done before. Surely you can get a bigger dish for the rear, but i bet they are dam hard to find.

Well finally got my E30 on its ass, as much as i could anyway. Got some Jamex superlows (65mm or something) thanks to Andrew B)

Both front and rear springs were not captive when i put them in until i lowered the car, hope they dont come out due WOF time. Also the front sits slightly higher than the rear which is common ive heard? anyway to fix that other than chopping the springs?

Cheers, Luke

Posted ImagePosted Image

Your car isnt sitting lower at the back, its just the shape of the rear guards on face lift e30s. They come down lower than the pre face lift models giving the apperance the backs lower. Looks good tho mate

Also the front sits slightly higher than the rear which is common ive heard? anyway to fix that other than chopping the springs?

Cheers, Luke

Thats why a quite a few people go with an uneven drop. I've gone 60/40 and with a sub box in the boot it sits pretty nicely.

Your car isnt sitting lower at the back, its just the shape of the rear guards on face lift e30s. They come down lower than the pre face lift models giving the apperance the backs lower. Looks good tho mate

Oh yer i wondered about that because the car still sits quite even. Thanks Drifty! Makes sense going 60/40 but i like how low it is in the back haha mite just leave it :D Hope the springs dont fall out when i go for WOF :( else ill just have to put stock ones back in to get WOF.

Just a question about M50 Non Vanos 2.5L motors..... Ian in Welly has a E30 325i motor and gearbox in storage, would the gearbox of it bolt up to the M50 Non Vanos 2.5L motor? pretty much are they compatable or do i need to get a newer box that came with the M50 Motors?

Chur, Luke

Ok so now I got my Rims that I was wanting, Downside they didnt have anywhere near as much dish as I was wanting but still look ok to me. Could only get 7" wide with the 4x100 stud pattern and the offset of this car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok so now I got my Rims that I was wanting, Downside they didnt have anywhere near as much dish as I was wanting but still look ok to me. Could only get 7" wide with the 4x100 stud pattern and the offset of this car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That looks awesome, they genuine bbs's? how much did u score them for..

Those wheels are TSW Kyalami's aren't they?

Yea mate they sure are. I wanted them in 8" wide had a bit more dish but could only get them in 7" wide no dish :( still look all good tho.

f**k those wheels are fully sick, I want.

Haha cheers man they not to bad aye not ott

are they 18s?? looking at some dtms but worried about rubbing

also how wide r ur tyres?

have u had any issues yet?

looking fully sic m8!!!!

Edited by Katalyst

are they 18s?? looking at some dtms but worried about rubbing

also how wide r ur tyres?

have u had any issues yet?

looking fully sic m8!!!!

Nah bro they 17's by 7" Wide. The tyres are 17/205/40. I would say any wider wheel than that would have rubbed on the guards in the rear. How wide are the DTM's you are looking at? All you would need is to flare your guards... easy ;)

looking bloody nice man ...

Thanks man :D

Hey Luke, welcome to Bimmersport.

You can read heaps about M50 swaps on overseas forums. I like your little engined E30 you've come across.

And sweet wheels, they really suit the location outside KFC :D

Make sure you give it a oil change and a new waterpump! LOL!

Ahahaha shot Henry! Thanks for the late welcome.. Just coz I showed you my first ever post didnt mean you had to bring it back from the dead! :P wonder what ever happened to Gary I never see him post on here anymore he was going to help me with my M50 swap actually but I didnt reply to him woops.

Way past due an update photo in here actually.