Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

1988 E30 318i

Hey all. Just thought i'd put up a few pics of my new BMW. Bought a $500 Corolla before it, Dad had to get rid of one of his cars to give to the step brother so didnt want to give away the BMW, so fortunately for me he straight swapped me :rolleyes:

He has owned the car for a good 8 years now and it is a mess but that shall all change. It has got alot of body imperfections and maintanace that is needed. Uncle should be buffing and touching it all up this week and I will be lowering it this week hopefully and just did the tints on the weekend.

I am also looking into swapping in a M50 2.5L motor into it along with 5 speed gearbox. Mags are also on the way just want to get it it tidy and respectable looking ;)

Previously owned a DA6 Integra and had alot of fun turboing it so have a bit of expertese in the forced induction area (ECU Programming, Fabricating etc) so be sure to see some descent mods here in the future.

Let me know what ya think, its not much to look at right now much tlc needed but feel free to express your hearts out

Cheers, Luke

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Boost Junky

Doesn't look at all bad from the pics, looks like a decent base to start off with. Good luck with it!

M50 turbo, now there's a thought!!!

Will

Doesn't look at all bad from the pics, looks like a decent base to start off with. Good luck with it!

M50 turbo, now there's a thought!!!

Will

Yea images tend to hide alot of it.

- Bottom half of the front bumper has lots of peeled paint looks real tacky

- Chrome trim snapped off around the passangers and back window

- Rust holes and patchs in the boot where the spoiler used to be

- Big crack in rear bumper + hole where i backed into a tree when dad owned it hah

- Many stone chips

- Paint peeled off on the corners of the back bumper

- Glove box F**ked from when i had to rip it open due to jamming shut

- Motor has overheated atleast 20 times and idles like balls

But yea is a descent to start of with bodys pretty straight etc, thanks Will i'll need it being a student haha. And yup theres always forced induction in the back of my mind no matter what car i own atleast this time its RWD... heres my inspiration:

Cheers, Luke

ps. anyone know what the rafine badge is on the back left of the car? Dad and I have never figured out what it means? :unsure: He bought it from Mosems in Hamz

Gosh the New Plymouth bunch are a well spoken lot aren't ya's, Loving the effort put into the description.

Like Will said its a great base to start off with, just don't rice it tooo much :P

Cheers

Em

Gosh the New Plymouth bunch are a well spoken lot aren't ya's, Loving the effort put into the description.

Like Will said its a great base to start off with, just don't rice it tooo much :P

Cheers

Em

Haha i talk alot so that prob explains it. Yea def a great base to start with. And as far as Rice is concerned umm no thanks lol. Thinking of using Driftechs or volks maybe for the rims (no chrome thanku). I want this car to have more of a drift spec look had my days of rice back when i owned my first auto honda... gay lol

What springs do u guys recomend for lowering her dont want her to go below 100mm...

Cheers, Luke

Thats a good base mate, welcome

Welcome mate.

Like its been said, looks like a good start. Im thinking about turboing my 325 later on in the year so it looks like i may have some competition :P

Welcome mate.

Like its been said, looks like a good start. Im thinking about turboing my 325 later on in the year so it looks like i may have some competition :P

Thanks man, hah i wouldnt be to worried I dont have a loan or any kind of funds to aid me this time like i did with the Teg. I gotta get me an M50 in there first lol which Dad said is part of the deal of the swap ;)

Lol love ur personalized plate mellowing :rolleyes:

Edited by Boost Junky

Yea my funds are rather limited as well but once i bring myself to sell EMOH8R then the turbo project shall be all go, maybe

Sounds good man good luck with it all and keep us updated B) Yea im first of all going to save for a descent ECU, couldnt stress enough about how important tuning is in the "To do's" list. Dont think ill do my own EPROM Chipping this time somehow lol

Hey dude

Nice little base to start with. To me every rolling e30 in a good base for a project. Definatly stick with you plans for a m50 engine you won't regret it. You wanna make sure it's a e34 non vanos engine for a start as that way you won't have to buy a 5 series sump and oil pickup, pump etc. (expensive) and I feel these motors are a much more simpler reliable base to start with. (Stronger, no ews,wiring easier, no vanos to f**k out)

Once you find your engine I be happy to answer any questions you have about installing it. Trust me you want to do some reasearch around the net as there are a few things that need to be changed and modified to make the m50 engine fit. Here's a good resource I used but remember these guys are american and their cars a left hand drive so the standard exhaust manifolds on m50 don't fit past steering linkage.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=129

Heres a guys thats turboing his m50

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/viewtopic.php...85d15754cf62d30

Edited by Gary

ps. anyone know what the rafine badge is on the back left of the car? Dad and I have never figured out what it means? :unsure: He bought it from Mosems in Hamz

Its a badge off a Toyota. I couldn't remember which model so I Googled Toyota Raffine and apparently it was a spec of Toyota Chaser - seen the badge on those older early 90's Toyota sedans.

Posted Image

Edited by bravo

Join the dirty turbo e30 club. Its fun.

Its a badge off a Toyota. I couldn't remember which model so I Googled Toyota Raffine and apparently it was a spec of Toyota Chaser - seen the badge on those older early 90's Toyota sedans.

Posted Image

WTF :mellow: lol never expected that. Top detective work bro haha thats coming straight off. No disrespect to Toyota gota love em. I know my beamer is a japan version and have seen a toyota sticker somewhere in the engine bay, all makes sense now cheers bravo

Join the dirty turbo e30 club. Its fun.

For sure man ill come up with something just a matter of time/money

Hey guys thought id give a bit of an update on the old beast. Tinted the windows at 35% 2 weeks ago, looks ok for a home job (wont show yas any close up pics hah) Oh and over the weekend my uncle valeted her for $150. Consisted of a double buff all over, resprayed bottom half of the front bumper, filled holes in the boot and crack in the bumper and sprayed them, sprayed black on inner guards, resprayed the front grill which had gone grey, polished wheels and shined tyres and a minor shampoo and polish on the inside.

Purchased a set of Jamex Superlows of Andrew which have been sent out today so should arrive in the next few days B) hopefully she looks a bit lower and better

pics....

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Boost Junky

You need some old school bbs! Thats what you will end up wanting trust me, dont fall down the 17''trap

post-204-1174357743_thumb.jpg

You need some old school bbs! Thats what you will end up wanting trust me, dont fall down the 17''trap

Hmm yer i seen those ones someone put up the other day with the mad as dish. They are pretty mint but they are 16" arnt they? I just thought some driftec's would look different but if i can find some bbs that have a descent ammount of dish then mint. Dont want no bling/ricer rims

Hmm yer i seen those ones someone put up the other day with the mad as dish. They are pretty mint but they are 16" arnt they? I just thought some driftec's would look different but if i can find some bbs that have a descent ammount of dish then mint. Dont want no bling/ricer rims

The perfect size for an e30 its 16" or if you cant find them (prob wont) 15"s are still good. Look through nz320s posts and see his bbs wheels =hottt. Also Anthonys wheels look dam good to (my old wheels) check them out for something different (post up some more picks btw Anthony :rolleyes: ).Ive just about finished refurbing my 16" Schnitzer wheels :rolleyes: that look amazing. Good old school wheels that are the right offset and size for e30s are very hard to come by, but a deff worth the wait!

Edited by drifty340i

hey man welcome, nice ride to start of with good to see a 4door turbo project.

heres another thought e30 4dr with V12 in it

post-1273-1174364843_thumb.jpg

my wheels.

scroll half way down.

i'll get some better pics, when i'm home and have finished them mods.

Edited by antony

The perfect size for an e30 its 16" or if you cant find them (prob wont)

says who.. pic of my 16" 3 piece BBS ET25 4 stud wheels soon to go on the wagon.. they are as rare as rocking horse s**t and they are NOT for sale.. :(

but 16's are the ideal size for an E30..

Will