Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

WOF next week, questions!

Howdy all .. taking the beemir for its first WOF (by me anyway...) ..kinda wondering a couple of things -

1) I measured the car last night and the lowest point is at the front .. and is around about 95-97mm, I know the limit is 100mm but what are the chances the testing station would pick that up? ie: do they get out their measuring tools etc.

2) There is a little bit of surface rust around the very edge of the left rear guard (where they were rolled) its not major but yeah ...?

3) Having to get a new headlight because the clips on the r/h side are all borked and its angling down just slighty ... would they pick that up if I didn't buy a new light?

Cheers guys ... im just a n00b lol.

Josh

1) to what? as long as its not chassis, steering or suspension your OK

2) Nah - not structural

3) Depends on how hard ad fast they are. It costs you nothing except time to go back and get it ticked off if the fail it on it so maybe risk it?

1) to what? as long as its not chassis, steering or suspension your OK

Thats the thing ... its chassis, near the front wheel, as far as I can tell its part of the chassis ... am I screwed or do I need to invest in some temprorary spring packers?

Its only like 3mm - pump up the tyres before your wof.

Its only like 3mm - pump up the tyres before your wof.

Sweet, thanks for the advice dude, much appreciated, I'll post back with my results :)

Bad day gets worse.

Took car in to testing station this morn. They picked over it for 40 f**king mins, while 5 other cars went through.

The results were:

Ground clearance to be 100mm - they couldnt even give me a f**king measurement, they just put a dodgy looking wooden block underneath the car, what the f**k?

Front springs need to remain captive when raised ( which f**ks me off because the shop that has done everything for me assured me this was happening)

...and front wheels rubbing on inner guards.

Went back to Mayhem Performace and told them what was going on, they said it would cost about $40 for them to put spring packers in and they also said that doing that should stop the springs popping out ... and raise it up enough so the front wheels aren't rubbing under the guards.

BUT ... I had a thought and went to John Bates soon after, just to get some advice, they seemed just as vague as everyone else - one of the dudes couldn't be certain if resetting the springs would do much more than putting packers in to raise it up. I asked which would be the better option and he didn't say much (in the way of longevity etc), but $40 for packers installed as opposed to $250+ to get the springs reset (f**k I may as well buy some new DOBIs from John Bates).

Do you guys have any input? Thanks heaps eh ... doing my head in, last time I just ask for wheels and susp to be put in without asking the finer questions!

Edited by joshnz

sorry to hear about your WOF trouble, 1)what station did you take it to so we in the area my steer clear of them. prates

2) who did the wheels and susp work and how long ago, was it mayhem pro?, because they seem to have coarsed you some may hem mate. if it wasn't to long ago or still under warranty give them a blast. Try to get the spacers fitted for nothing as a fix it for their stuff up. As they should know the regs for that type of mode work and keep with in the 100mm height spec. How does that saying in blue of yours go, good luck in getting your wof.

Edited by allan

Hi

Are you having all this problem with the springs i sold you?

Or do u still have your old ones in?

Because you should have no problems with the H&R's. I passed LTSA wof's every time with no problem at all.

Cheers

I never go to testing stations - half the time they don't know the rules - put their bloody block under and it hits the sump guard - FAIL! Bollocks - sump guard is not required to be clear for a start and so on.

If springs etc installed profesisonally go and complain - you never asked for an illegal car PLUS they know the regs, they can't let a car leave their workshop in n illegal state. Make them remedy it for free.

Sorry to hear about all this - some WOF places are retardedly anal.

Never go to testing stations they are so anal.

$25 on the go ftw.

sorry to hear about your WOF trouble, 1)what station did you take it to so we in the area my steer clear of them. prates

2) who did the wheels and susp work and how long ago, was it mayhem pro?, because they seem to have coarsed you some may hem mate. if it wasn't to long ago or still under warranty give them a blast. Try to get the spacers fitted for nothing as a fix it for their stuff up. As they should know the regs for that type of mode work and keep with in the 100mm height spec. How does that saying in blue of yours go, good luck in getting your wof.

Howdy, I went to On Road down on Rangitikei Street, they saw me pull up and they all started talking amongst themselves like they were out to get me :(

Yeah, Mayhem have down all the work, including swapping my sh*t jamex springs for Millers mint H&Rs.

When I take it back to Mayhem to get the spacers fitted I'm going to say all of what you said ... I spent close to 4.5k in one go and I thought the least I would get out of that is a legal car ... 100mm etc.

Hi

Are you having all this problem with the springs i sold you?

Or do u still have your old ones in?

Because you should have no problems with the H&R's. I passed LTSA wof's every time with no problem at all.

Cheers

Yeah bro, the springs you sold me, I dunno what the problem is eh .. its weird as :S

I never go to testing stations - half the time they don't know the rules - put their bloody block under and it hits the sump guard - FAIL! Bollocks - sump guard is not required to be clear for a start and so on.

If springs etc installed profesisonally go and complain - you never asked for an illegal car PLUS they know the regs, they can't let a car leave their workshop in n illegal state. Make them remedy it for free.

Sorry to hear about all this - some WOF places are retardedly anal.

Yeah I'm going to hit them up about the legality of it all on Tuesday, at the least I expected them to tell me if it was under, obviously they just chuck the parts on and be done with it .... stay away from Mayhem Perf in the future!

Never go to testing stations they are so anal.

$25 on the go ftw.

Yeah, when I saw them put the blocks under I was like, what the f**k?

How the hell can that be at all accurate (within reason) ... I mean surely they should measure it with suitable equipment and give you a result if it is under the 100mm .. so you can get it fixed properly.

Onroad Greenmount (East Tamaki) are really good, they have a liking for bmw's I think as they are always asking me about my car, no bullshit at all from them, maybe even a little bit too nice at times lol. So they are not all bad. :)

Onroad Greenmount (East Tamaki) are really good, they have a liking for bmw's I think as they are always asking me about my car, no bullshit at all from them, maybe even a little bit too nice at times lol. So they are not all bad. :)

Agreed on that one...

Well, $100 and some 10mm spring packers later everything is fine, passed the WOF this afternoon, thank f**k.

... now to look into the r/h sterring rack "slight play"

On Road are generally really good..VTNZ sucks hard...have always thought them useless.

low and soft cars are generally the ones that fail wofs, and generally handle gay anyway..i still fail to see the point.

its hard with WOF guys as there are heaps of wankers (ie the one telling me my exhaust was less than 100mm off ground..retard) and plenty of good ones...best to stick with one you find helpful and trustworthy and build up a relationship with them by taking all yours and family/friends cars there.