Sign in to follow this  
StylesM5

Bugatti Veyron

Car:

2006 Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Description:

This is the first Bugatti Veyron to be wrecked on the streets. It is the fastest and most expensive production vehichle in history, list price about $1.6 million. (US)

The Veyron was doing around 100mph when it spun out of control, spinning 3 times before hitting a Vauxhall Astra with a 7-month pregnant woman inside. It then smashed into trees up a 3 foot embankment.

The Bugatti driver was with a younger male passenger. The car was taken away by the same truck driver who had delivered it to the owner just a week earlier. The owner is a businessman in his 40's who runs a rental car company with his brothers.

B375 near Chertsey, Surrey, United Kingdom

post-125-1173216833_thumb.jpg

Edited by StylesM5

dont know weather to laugh or cry ... brings back memories of a local lambo merch driver whos car was stacked in parnel.

dont know weather to laugh or cry ... brings back memories of a local lambo merch driver whos car was stacked in parnel.

I was thinking the same. I went into independent prestige with a mate and that crashed lambo was coming off the back of the tow truck. It was a mess. I believe it was fully rebuilt at the owners expense (insurance was void i guess)

The owner of that Bugatti must have been seriously pissed. Back to the bottom of the waiting list for another one!

The owner of that Bugatti must have been seriously pissed. Back to the bottom of the waiting list for another one!

You wonder how much damage it would need to write it off. I know that if a Porsche GT takes a hit in the side, they're practically written off due to damage to the carbon tub (I think).

Car:

2006 Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Description:

This is the first Bugatti Veyron to be wrecked on the streets. It is the fastest and most expensive production vehichle in history, list price about $1.6 million. (US)

Well OBVIOUSLY someone was going to write it off on the STREETS arent those things supposed to be destined for things like autobahns? Thus the massively wide stance etc

You would have to be nuts to drive one of those on a residential street. Especially some of those side st's in th UK.

Pwnd

Well OBVIOUSLY someone was going to write it off on the STREETS arent those things supposed to be destined for things like autobahns? Thus the massively wide stance etc

You would have to be nuts to drive one of those on a residential street. Especially some of those side st's in th UK.

Pwnd

Tend to agree with you, but at 100mph, I'd like to think he was on a motorway. Definitely no houses in the photo.

We are only here to merely speculate!

assuming the original post was correct, not a motorway - a "B" road is pretty much single lane highway, but unlikely to be a residential street

Tend to agree with you, but at 100mph, I'd like to think he was on a motorway. Definitely no houses in the photo.

We are only here to merely speculate!

You can see the road sign directly behind the car.

He was on a B-road where the limit is 60mph (from memory) seeing as its a white sign with a black slash on it. Single laned road by the road markings too.

Its 70mph on the motorway BTW.

Guest Denny Crane

Haha we call him 'Orange'

Back to the bottom of the waiting list for another one!

I thought there's still a few to go around as they didn't sell that many.

You can see the road sign directly behind the car.

He was on a B-road where the limit is 60mph (from memory) seeing as its a white sign with a black slash on it. Single laned road by the road markings too.

Its 70mph on the motorway BTW.

Yep, agree with you Martyn, whatever the situation, too fast for the conditions. That includes weather, road, skill of driver etc etc. I reckon there is very rarely an "accident". Usually a collision that could have been avoided.

An accident arises when someone's health deteriorates quickly (passes out) or mechanical failure.

Your thoughts?

another noob driver with more money than sense (driving ability)

PWNT

Hehehe you can have all the money in the world but it doesn't mean you can drive :rolleyes: .

I hope the pregnant lady was ok, wrong place wrong time, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.