Sign in to follow this  
entscheidend

And you thought your BMW was hard to break into ...

Its a professional locksmith company that has this kit. It costs 1,200 and needs software on a laptop..

Its totally a pain in the ass to do. So unless youre a crook who gets a hold of these limited and expensive kits...yeah. A pro car thief deserves a car every now and then.

NZ is kids with screwdrivers tho... Break it open, worry about damage later.

It doesn't NEED the laptop - did you even watch the whole video? Not sure what the laptop does - certainly not for actually opening the lock - I think it was just the guy entering in the digits that were decoded so they knew what key was needed without writing it down in the table and trying to figure it out - ie speed it up and make it look cool for the video.

Bloody simple when you see it explained like that.

$1200 is chicken feed when you're stealing $180,000 cars.

Still not sure what they do about the immobiliser though???

newer generation bmws can be broken into with a forked piece of metal, a cordless drill, and a screwdriver to remove the number plate. Not sure about how to start though....

this is why I got an alarm ...

alarm gets set off .. it keep sending pulses to the door locks to keep them locked .. key or no key.. and I get a nice text message saying my car is being f**ked with :)

even if they get in ... engine wont work ;)

alarm gets set off .. it keep sending pulses to the door locks to keep them locked .. key or no key.. and I get a nice text message saying my car is being f**ked with :)

So they cut up the leather, tag the dash [lol motorway patrol], take a dump in the boot, rip out the audio, scratch all glass panes, then gapz d scenez y0~

Hybrid what sort of aftermarket alarm have you got

Regards Huttey