Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

Lots of E30 M325's for sale

Anyway I intend on having a look at this one . which incidentally is a Import a tourist delivery but a used import no less

Why? :rolleyes:

Why? :rolleyes:

Because an M325i is a car I've always wanted to own myself. My Mum had a new one back in 88. Mate, it was a cool car :D

Diamond Schwartz, Sunroof, Sony tape deck, Aircon, First car I'd driven that had ABS and an LSD truly a great car.

Sadly that car is gone according to carfax so I can't buy that one...

I also think they are going to be a very strong future classic. I know 2 older gentlemen down here in Wellington who have added f/l M325's to there collections and are spending large money getting them back to new condition.

Simon/Jeremy, I think its a joke that third party insurance is not compulsory. If you cant afford the insurance then you cant afford the car, its as simple as that. Why should I pay for someone elses inability to get a job that pays for their lifestyle ?....oh hold on I do that with my taxes already <_<

I think compulsory insurance would be a great thing(also don't think it belongs in the thread but anyway), one problem i have with it is ability to get insurance for those under 25(i struggled to get insurance for my 320 at 17), if i went ant tried to insure one of these M325i's for 10k i imagine i'd be rejected, or charge me an unjustedified amount.

Oooooooooooohhh! :unsure:

I agree with you, but i'm sure many people on here won't!

I'm a past owner - hence I claim the right to comment

one problem i have with it is ability to get insurance for those under 25(i struggled to get insurance for my 320 at 17), if i went ant tried to insure one of these M325i's for 10k i imagine i'd be rejected, or charge me an unjustedified amount.

To my mind that is one of the highlights of compulsory insurance - it is a self regulating mechanism for keeping relatively inexperienced/immature drivers away from certain cars. There would always be exceptions/problems, but I think it would be a net gain...

Because an M325i is a car I've always wanted to own myself. My Mum had a new one back in 88. Mate, it was a cool car :D

Diamond Schwartz, Sunroof, Sony tape deck, Aircon, First car I'd driven that had ABS and an LSD truly a great car.

I also think they are going to be a very strong future classic. I know 2 older gentlemen down here in Wellington who have added f/l M325's to there collections and are spending large money getting them back to new condition.

Sorry for the double reply - just had a look at that M325 - cambelt last done 90000km ago :o

Guest Simon*

Right. And as usual I totally agree with me

Well done Simon :) It hurts to be so right so often

Cool, that’s totally understandable… I love the Sony Tape deck option, I bet it would have cost BIG bucks back then too. I remember paying $800 (1996) for a Alpine tape deck, 20w x4 with auto reverse, was pretty flash.

My Old lady had a navy blue 320i 4 door back in 87, was a very nice car in its day.. even had wind down windows and a lip spoiler.

Compulsory insurance is great in theory but how are they going to enforce it? I can’t think of any one moment that I could have been checked for insurance in the last year.. And if people do get done for it what would be the punishment? The fine will no doubt cost less than the insurance so people will just take the gamble.

Compulsory insurance is great in theory but how are they going to enforce it? I can’t think of any one moment that I could have been checked for insurance in the last year.. And if people do get done for it what would be the punishment? The fine will no doubt cost less than the insurance so people will just take the gamble.

Well you probably went for two WOF's and registered the car at some point aswell, so there is three chances for a start. Dont traffic wardens also check for registration and wof's ? Ive been stopped at at least half a dozen police checkpoints in the last 12 months too.

When the plate reading cameras come in you'll be checked everytime you drive through town or on the motorway.

I dont see how enforcing it can be a problem.

As for the fine, it needs to be significant and if people dont pay, take the car and crush it. Im fed up with all the crap about 'there's no point in fining them because they wont pay', sort it out and get tough. Take their cars and either sell them for the debt or crush them.

Its called personal responsibility and there isnt enough of it in this country. Too many people either blame the system or their parents or their schooling or whatever. They were your decisions you should pay the consequences.

Ill get off my soap box now ;)

Cool, that’s totally understandable… I love the Sony Tape deck option, I bet it would have cost BIG bucks back then too. I remember paying $800 (1996) for a Alpine tape deck, 20w x4 with auto reverse, was pretty flash.

My Old lady had a navy blue 320i 4 door back in 87, was a very nice car in its day.. even had wind down windows and a lip spoiler.

Yhea bit sad wanting to buy a car your Mum had when your a kid but by that time I was already firmly into Bimmers having a 2002.

That car is why I race a E30 series car now.

From memory the car was close to $100k new then, so prices for new top spec 3 series haven't changed to much.

I only managed to spin it once. After a 360 came to rest up somebody's driveway at 60kph didn't do any damage :lol: Evil car in the wet with worn bridgestone RE71!

Well you probably went for two WOF's and registered the car at some point aswell, so there is three chances for a start. Dont traffic wardens also check for registration and wof's ? Ive been stopped at at least half a dozen police checkpoints in the last 12 months too.

When the plate reading cameras come in you'll be checked everytime you drive through town or on the motorway.

I dont see how enforcing it can be a problem.

As for the fine, it needs to be significant and if people dont pay, take the car and crush it. Im fed up with all the crap about 'there's no point in fining them because they wont pay', sort it out and get tough. Take their cars and either sell them for the debt or crush them.

Its called personal responsibility and there isnt enough of it in this country. Too many people either blame the system or their parents or their schooling or whatever. They were your decisions you should pay the consequences.

Ill get off my soap box now ;)

So insurance would be compulsory to the car and not the driver… that really doesn’t enforce much. I can insure my brother’s HSV third party so that it has insurance and never drive the bloody thing.

What’s to stop Joe Blogs mum doing the same thing on her sons EVO-4 that she is already guarantor for finance on?

Im not sure how it works overseas but surely insurance should be linked to the driver, not the car.

Compulsory insurance is a terrible idea.

Unless you like premiums that make your eyes water.

And I agree, really hard to enforce.

Edited by westy

Hows that gonna help?

Lots of people dont pay regos.

There will be some draconian way. A big fine would help. With big enough fines etc and effective policing of them, over time the fleet would trend to wof/regn/insured.

If it works in Canada, it can be made to work here.

Highly doubt this will happen as the government doesn't force a liability on people to have to pay other individuals.

As previously mentioned

Also who gets the insurance? The car? the driver?

Issues with enforcement

Increased premiums

Edited by jeddy

Guest Simon*

There has to be some compromise but I totally agree with Martyn that the stick isn't big enough. If you have a huge stack of fines and you're a repeat offender, or unlicensed driver then the cops need to dish out something better than another fine. Crushing or confiscation for sale is a good start maybe :)

I'd like to see drivers insured rather than just the cars and dare I say it .... a limit on cubes or forced induction for under 22's or something - maybe under 25's even. Keep the HP away from the kiddies or have a requirement for them to complete extra driver training AND be a member of a recognised car or motorsport club before they can go past 2 litres or into a turbo.

I'm waiting for the howls of protest now ;)

Guest Simon*

Highly doubt this will happen as the government doesn't force a liability on people to have to pay other individuals.

As previously mentioned

Also who gets the insurance? The car? the driver?

Issues with enforcement

Increased premiums

Stupid f**kin government doesn't work on individual responsibility they try to legislate the problems away

All these little assholes killing people in their cars are getting a slap and being allowed to walk - if it's not murder it's still manslaughter and that should carry something near 10 years I reckon regardless of how old you are

They just buy another $200 car. Dosn't matter how big a stick you have they will ignore it.

Theres a big stick for DIC but people still do it.

Theres a big stick for murder but people still do it.

It is unenforcable because some people just dont care.

Regardless, compulsory insurance is a really bad idea. We will all end up paying for it.

And its more likely to happen than you may think.

Absolutly agree with the restrictions on young drivers tho, Simon, but thats a different topic of its own.

Guest Simon*

Absolutly agree with the restrictions on young drivers tho, Simon, but thats a different topic of its own.

It is a different topic, but it's my thread so I'll threadjack it any way I like!

Stupid f**kin government doesn't work on individual responsibility they try to legislate the problems away

All these little assholes killing people in their cars are getting a slap and being allowed to walk - if it's not murder it's still manslaughter and that should carry something near 10 years I reckon regardless of how old you are

Ranting much :angry: Its a sign of two things either ya getting a bit old or ya need to run for government fella :lol:

Lock them all up i say and if they prove responsible let um out.

Did a quick bit of research and it appears the government(Labour) are planning on making Third party insurance compulsory. When asked about the idea National said they would "keep an open mind" :lol: but said "...overseas experience showed it did nothing to keep hoons off the road."

If it works in Canada, it can be made to work here.

Ya cause that was the solution to leaky buildings we copied that worked out just fine.

Guest Simon*

Ranting much :angry: Its a sign of two things either ya getting a bit old or ya need to run for government fella :lol:

Haha must be the first one mate. Too many skeletons for option 2 :)

I am just awfully tired of uncle Helen and her mob of "we don't need to listen to public opinion" useless bastards

Don't worry about legislating about who can drive what, maybe the government should focus on the state of the police and their dodgy investigations!!! NZ is now the best place in the world to be a murderer...