Sign in to follow this  
rjac001

M3 E30 only 22 Grand

Hay I started this topic lets talk about BMWs E30 M3 Please

and im not interested in your blaber bla babababbbabbla la

Reminds me of my 6 year old cousin - oh sorry, not a personal attack just thinking out loud

I think most people into there Bimmers, old or young love the idea of an e30 m3, and have respect for it's real guts as a track car but usable on the road. As somone stated, one is worth what one pays for it (whether some people would like to think its worth more than it is and see some intrinsic value doesn't matter, if a buyer is prepared to pay what a seller wants, that value is its market value). As for cars increasing in value, No. Cars are not investements, any investor will tell you this. Full Stop. A general rule suggests a car must be 1/100 or less evermade for it to be worth more than its original value at any point, Every now and then you here of some 1/17 ever made Bugatti or similar being picked up for a large price as recently. The one thing many people forget when looking at a car as an investement is maintenance costs (this must be included when looking at an investement- and with old cars this is HIGH). M3's are rear, but there are thousands and thousands of them. Look at even older bimmers like the CSI's (rear), worth a good price considering there age and costs but there not exactly expensive, I doubt anyone selling one is making money (espicially after looking at how much they spent on it over the time they have owned it). E30 m3's are awsome, and they fetch a fairly high price showing they are somewhat a collectors item, but there not impossible to find (a few up for graps on trademe atm), and are still decreasing in value. Not to naysay but very very very few cars can be considered an investement, buy one cos you love them, not because you think it may go up in value.

F**k dward. Use paragraphs or summarize for christs sake!!!

Not to naysay but very very very few cars can be considered an investement, buy one cos you love them, not because you think it may go up in value.

I'm not suggesting that an E30 M3 would be an investment, before or after maintenance costs, but they are worth more than some people on this thread think.

Depending on how deep the current world financial mess gets prices may drop a bit more, but I don't think they will go much lower.

E36 M3s are still dropping in price, more expensive to maintain and more common and E46 M3s are falling even faster!

I'm not suggesting that an E30 M3 would be an investment, before or after maintenance costs, but they are worth more than some people on this thread think.

Depending on how deep the current world financial mess gets prices may drop a bit more, but I don't think they will go much lower.

E36 M3s are still dropping in price, more expensive to maintain and more common and E46 M3s are falling even faster!

Yea well said, and true, its a good time to buy cars, but it may be an even better time in months/ years to come... hate to be like those economists/ media but this 'crisis' (people loosing jobs/prices falling) realy has just started... you may find people even more in need to sell of their unnecassar pride and joy get even cheaper, just look at the dollar against the US... droped from above .7 to .5 in 2 months, and still said to be decrasing (one night I was up late and saw the dollar go under the .5 mark, it was very depressing, no more ebay o well. Yea true huddy I prob should summarise buts its easier to just type what I'm thinking.

I noticed a correlation between property guys and M3 ownership, so its not outside the bounds of possibility there may be a greater degree of selling pressure.

I am not sure an E36 M3 is more expensive to maintain? They seem to have about the same number of special (ie $$$) M bits, and body panels etc are cheaper thanks them being the same.

Told you these M3s were good value.

This one's gone up $2,500 in only a couple of weeks, not a bad return on investment :D

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-206187673.htm

Ah hell - its just the asking price. You can buy my E36 M3 for $40k if you want. Hell of a return for me.

Tad OT but have you seen GTHO on TM for $325k