Sign in to follow this  
SRBMW

SITDWN

Failed a wof for rear wheel bearing play which I thought was weird as they are quite new,Turns out the cv splines have twisted and werent putting any preload on the bearings!!

Look Familar Glenn??These axles have done well though,had done 275kms when I got them and had heaps of play and have been in my car for 3-4 years.

So ended up putting some smaller 320i axles in and took it to meremere and with some dunlop formulas ran a 12.73 a 184kmh which made me alot happier than my other crap times.

Changing to 5 stud soon,So some new wheels on their way.

post-9-1142329758.jpg

Edited by SRBMW

Yip, at least yours came out.

I had the gas out, bent a hammer & mushroomed the end of the CV before it came out.

Nice 1/4 time & speed also.

Guest Andrew

amazing - keep me at the top of your list regarding what diff you decide to use and which one I could possibly grab.

sup darren, what ecu did you end up using? im going to go with the generation 2 link plus.

thats a insane time for your car bro, daym i hope mine gets close to that hehe

hey,I used th nissan one for awhile but airflow meters are gay so running version 5 link plus,

it all good,has alot of features that other ecus can't offer for the same money,

I still havn't hook up flat shifting and launch control so might be able to get the time down to a 12.6 or something but not really too worried really wana hit pukekohe.

oh mean. how much did the version 5 cost??

let me know when you hit pukekohe bro, im only 10mins from there and id love to see you rip up the track and have a close up look at your car. :D

The version 5 was the last of the gen 1 so if you got a gen 2 you would be doing well .version 5 would be alot cheaper now since they have brought out gen 2.

If you live out pukekohe I'd definitly be getting bob homewood from hitek motorsport to tune it ,good guy and very well priced.

Guest Andrew

The version 5 was the last of the gen 1 so if you got a gen 2 you would be doing well .version 5 would be alot cheaper now since they have brought out gen 2.

If you live out pukekohe I'd definitly be getting bob homewood from hitek motorsport to tune it ,good guy and very well priced.

Can vouch for Bob also - did the ECU install/tune on my car.

Give us a shout when you head out to puke - i'll come on down also.

yea man thats exactly who i was going to get to do it. word gets round :D

cheers. look foward to seeing you if you hit the track at puke

I'm going to be doing a five stud conversion and bigger brakes soon so if any of you e36 guys have had to do front bearings and have your old hubs for me to do some measuring off would be primo,cheers Darren

Heres a pic Finally of the adjustable rear end for those of you that wanted it

I need this also, nice work. can you do a write up on it plz? :)

Hey guys I've been meaning to post up a pic of what I did to the BMW before christmas, so I finally got round to washing it and taking a photo.

I ended up using my e30 front uprights gussted them and machined a sleeve to accept an e36 hub im running a 320mm evo 7 rotor with evo 7 brembo calipers.

The wheels are the ones I got off conrod they are 8''s and stick out abit at the front to clear the coilover so will look at making new guards.

I've had to raise it around 2" at the back because of using the ti rear end I ended up with alot of camber and they inner tyre was rubbing on the coilover(long story done on caltex forecourt on the way to Gizzy!).Also had to raise it 12mm at the front.

Will be fitting the e28 rear end when I find some time this year then hopfully once it gets a decent rear footprint take it round puke.

Also heres a better pic of the old adjustable rear end

post-350-1172660699_thumb.jpg

post-350-1172660868_thumb.jpg

post-350-1172661106_thumb.jpg

Edited by SRBMW

so tuff .... congrats dude .. wouldnt mind having a look sometime ... more than welcome to come have a perv at ours too ..

Aucklands toughest E30 right there.

agreed

And here I was thinking you sold it?!

MEAN !

And here I was thinking you sold it?!

MEAN !

I thnk you'll find it was the 4age e30 he had....