Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Renaultsport Megane Team F1

Good Luck with the Targa Graham!!

Cheers guys, starting to get nervous, everyone I talk to tells me how much damage they do to their cars!

Just drove to Hamilton and back via back roads and she is very stable and predictable so thats reassuring.

Need a bad of cable ties and some black duct tape to start putting a few things back in, easy to take stuff off but hard to put it back on.

Cheers guys, starting to get nervous, everyone I talk to tells me how much damage they do to their cars!

I tend to listen but ignore. thinking bout everyones predictions isnt healthy....

Yea.

Hey Jack, I can see what you are bidding on on TM, im bidding on it to for the missus.

Yea.

Hey Jack, I can see what you are bidding on on TM, im bidding on it to for the missus.

Which one? =)

Respect with the car apex. I am incredibly jealous.

Clean the sand out of your vag tho, Glenn's obviously only havin' a laugh.

Yea.

oh I see. Yea dad drove it yesterday. He's in love.

Went in one of these today. Holy sh*t they haul arse. Graham stop bidding on the Black one. WE WANT ITTTT!!!!!

They do go quite well, 6.5 to 100 for a stock 225.

Have timed mine and its breaking 100 in under 6 seconds now and will do 200 in less than 20 seconds.

Edited by Apex

They do go quite well, 6.5 to 100 for a stock 225.

Have timed mine and its breaking 100 in under 6 seconds now and will do 200 in less than 20 seconds.

haha. We won the black one =D Cool replacement for the X5 =D booking it in for the track day next sat

Good stuff, it will go ok, they really need the Cup suspension to shine on track, you will also notice on the RS225 or “full fat model†that you can’t switch off the traction control or stability control so it may be a bit slow.

First port of call would be a set of Eibach springs if you can, that will make a huge difference, the Cup suspension is after all pretty much just Eibach springs. The F/L cup does have upgraded and re programed steering though.

That car has been well looked after and should serve you well, if you need to know anything just flick me an Email, I have had to deal with a few issues and Archibald and Shorter will be of little help to you. I am also sponsored by Renault NZ and could help with a few direct questions if needed.

Saw ya on Takanini Straight today, looks tuff with the matte black bonnet and cage ;)

Does look quite tuff now. Ugly and tuff. Like cartoon bulldog.

Was trying to get a WOF at testing station but as normal was a mission, self levelling HID seems a foreign concept to them as does the inability to fit sun visors when there is a roll bar where they normally go.

Monit rally device installed, did some calibration runs last night and drove around with our new helmets, Stand 21 Hans devices and Peltor radio. Looked very R spec going up the Bombay’s on Wednesday night.

Race suits arrived yesterday for Targa, whether we do well or not Ian and I will look WRC spec, these suits are sex. Gotta do a couple of badges to go on today.

New shocks an wheel alignment today and Shelly is going to do some moor signage to keep the sponsors happy.

Cant wait for the event. Amping already and cant get to sleep at night and then up first thing to do more prep, gotta try and keep the adrenalin down as the “come down†next week will be a killer.

Edited by Apex

Nice one Graham! im impressed how quickly and sensibly you went about putting the car together.

Good work :)

Wooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just drove dads new Megane Sport. Only sh*t. Its like a go kart. Its a car where you can't be responsible in it, any gear you just twitch your foot and it hauls. Can't wait to get out at hampton in it. Just awesome fun. Massive brakes.

Best shopping basket I've even driven =P

Cheers Mat, yea it came together quite quick, less than one month from a stock road car, am very happy with the transformation, as a idea as to how we went, we were ahead of some quite decent cars, biggest battle was with a couple of late model STi's and EVO's and a Bathurst endurance 130i, he had to much for us on the last few stages though as there were a lot more straights.

Wooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just drove dads new Megane Sport. Only sh*t. Its like a go kart. Its a car where you can't be responsible in it, any gear you just twitch your foot and it hauls. Can't wait to get out at hampton in it. Just awesome fun. Massive brakes.

Best shopping basket I've even driven =P

Haha you really want to have a drive of mine, I drove a stock 225 a few weeks back and it felt so soft I started looking for the VW badges :P

Cheers Mat, yea it came together quite quick, less than one month from a stock road car, am very happy with the transformation, as a idea as to how we went, we were ahead of some quite decent cars, biggest battle was with a couple of late model STi's and EVO's and a Bathurst endurance 130i, he had to much for us on the last few stages though as there were a lot more straights.

Haha you really want to have a drive of mine, I drove a stock 225 a few weeks back and it felt so soft I started looking for the VW badges :P

haha! a ride in yours would be awesome!

Will come along to the next Hampton day when a few of you Bimmersporters are there and I shall take you for hot lap or two.

Needs more of everything now after Targa, you think a car is hard enough but then Targa turns it into a big ball of cotton wool, speed perception is crazy when your all strapped in with a Hans and massive Rally helmet and Radio, approaching a corner that posts 45 and your 200m out doing 180, lift off stab third go around. Only one scratch down the side from a couple of white side markers proves I wasn't going hard enough.

Would be keen to talk sh*t about the Renaultsports with someone else who is now "knowing"

The new one comes out next month, was meant to be here a while ago but it has a 6 month waiting list and NZ always gets shuffled to the bottom, we are going to get one when they have better stcoks but im going to have the press car one day.

Edited by Apex

Will come along to the next Hampton day when a few of you Bimmersporters are there and I shall take you for hot lap or two.

Needs more of everything now after Targa, you think a car is hard enough but then Targa turns it into a big ball of cotton wool, speed perception is crazy when your all strapped in with a Hans and massive Rally helmet and Radio, approaching a corner that posts 45 and your 200m out doing 180, lift off stab third go around. Only one scratch down the side from a couple of white side markers proves I wasn't going hard enough.

Would be keen to talk sh*t about the Renaultsports with someone else who is now "knowing"

The new one comes out next month, was meant to be here a while ago but it has a 6 month waiting list and NZ always gets shuffled to the bottom, we are going to get one when they have better stcoks but im going to have the press car one day.

yea. guy we bought ours off is on the waiting list for a white one and has promised me a drive =)

Nice work Graham........ I see you beat the mighty Tony Quinn. Not bad for a Targa Rookie :P

shhh...... don't tell anybody about his mechanical issues..

At the end of the day you were still ahead :lol:

Edited by e38king

I bet him fair and square, if you sink the black you loose my friend.

Like any motorsport event finishing is part of the race. Crash out or break your car you will lose time or go home early. I could have gone 40% faster over all given I pushed harder and had Semi Slicks like the rest of the field, but I may not have made it to the finish, it was my first rally and I was there to get experience.

Even at my slow pace I managed to get the car fully air bourn a few times and smash my under tray and inter wheel arches, dismount my exhaust and wreck four road tyres, I also narrowly escaped writing my car off and killing both myself and my co driver when pushing that little bit harder to catch the next car in front of me time wise.

Main event will be a blast, I can’t wait.

Edited by Apex

As the old saying goes: To finish first, first you have to finish!

If you thought the jumps were pretty cool on the Bambina wait to the the main event with the (in)famous Inglewood Jumps!