Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

how low is your e30?

ive got some springs for my e30 that lower it approx 70mm from standard. with my 14s on i estimate the front rails to be approx 70 to 80mm, not sure aboutbwith my 16s though. i will put up a picture when i get my wheels.

130mm from bottom of the sump to the road. so not that low at all, but not really a fan of having a really low car, causes too much underbody damage on crappy NZ roads.

Its got 205/60/15 tyres instead of 205/55/15 tyres which also has increased the ground clearance slightly.

URL=http://img402.imageshack.us/i/rideheight.jpg/]Posted Image[/url]

Edited by Charles28

90mm at the lowest point on the control arm i think on my e30

Say Hello, to Mr Pink Sticker or Failed WOF?!

It doesn't look that low on the 14" but it is. I've been pulled over with nothing mentioned. And it got a WOF last week.

Edited by Mark247

It doesn't look that low on the 14" but it is. I've been pulled over with nothing mentioned. And it got a WOF last week.

raaa haaa and it did. hows the otherside

raaa haaa and it did. hows the otherside

Austria aint bad.. I'll let you know about the Ukraine on Saturday when i get there.. that will be a bit different I thinK!

My 325i was 65mm off the front, with cert. running B+G superlows on 16'

Had to get new bumpstops installed to pass cert. (hence the name)

car is now long dead from fire. also failed on WOF every 6months as holes appeared in exhast system everytime.

myn probably sits at 135mm of the ground

Hey all havent said alot on hea will do a decent post when car is worthy of bimmersport recognition lol i bought secondhand h&r springs off good old tm was supposed to be 40mm rears 30mm fronts turns out i got 50mm fronts and 40mm rears had the mad rake goin on looked pretty cool but handled like shoit pardon me french so after having a wee woopsie in the wet and nosed into a ditch!!! whoops

I had to pull front of the car apartpost-4358-1258441285.jpg

So at the same time i machined the shoulder on my front shocks which the top hat sits on, down the shock 20mm and made up 50mm dia 20mm thick alloy spacers that go between the top hat and the top mount therefore giving me shorter travel and the stiffness of 50mm h&r spings yet it bottoms out 20mms earlier keeping my sump out of harms reach worked quite well if i say so myself lol also my car sits perfectly level now and handles bloody choice considering its just shitty replacement gas shocks in the front :D

Edited by e30_capri

i think i can go lower with a few more mods :lol:

post-4759-1265779706.jpg

i think i can go lower with a few more mods :lol:

Thats greedy haha

lower the better broke, and mark ill be watching you now.

lower the better broke,

+1

i need to do my front actually now that you mention it haha

Just measured 60mm at the sump also. Will be grabbing a sump guard shortly. I need to go lower in the back IMO.

Will try get a photo tonight of mine with no struts/springs in it. Looks heaps primo.