Sign in to follow this  
bmw_tonci

what do you guys think of this

Kms mean jack on a car of that vintage, parts all perish over time and at 100,000km it will still need or have had most of the parts replaced that of a 200,000km car..

This.

Suppose that makes some sense. Might take it for a test drive some time then.

You guys think its worth 4K?

If it’s in good condition that is a fair price. Sure people get the odd car for the odd bargain but that doesn’t dictate market value.

I would want to know what has been done recently, i.e. suspension bushes, shock, cam belt, water pump and as Cam sais make sure it has no rust. Best bet would be to get it on a hoist and have a good poke around.

This.

All you can do is have a look, could be a minter with lots of receipts, could dog, hard to speculate from a picture, if it were tidy it would be worth 4k. The concerning buyer with 4K could look at what else with as much character?

These discussions’ are all the same, speculation, it’s not a new car it 25 years old, if you want a new one for next to f**k all build a time machine and steal one then convert it into a time machine and warp back to the current day… actually If you had a time machine why the hell would you steal an E30?

Wait, did you just quote your own post Graham and then agree with yourself?

:lol:

Yes I did. Couldn’t be bothered responding to something I had already posted.

I may be arrogant but I get sick of people judging cars that are ancient on Kilometres alone, I have driven BMW’s that have done sub 100,000km that are as loose as a Tai prostitute, when a car is 20+ years old you can’t go off millage as an indication to condition, parts perish and seeze over time regardless of Millage.

If it were a car that was only a few years old fair call.

Guest Simon*

Not disagreeing with you Graham, just thought it was funny.

Am currently rockin' over 404,000km and she's no Thai hooker so I can't pass judgement either!

E30's never die. Do the cambelt and some bushings and it'll be great for another 100k. Worth it.

E30's never die. Do the cambelt and some bushings and it'll be great for another 100k. Worth it.

They may not die but mines seems to sleep a lot..

They may not die but mines seems to sleep a lot..

+1 recently, bring on full engine rebuild FFS

Alright boys.

Went and had a look at it this afternoon.

The paint is pretty mint, apart from the left side skirt which has a few cracks in the paint.

The cambelt has been replaced, I don't think bushings have been replaced though.

Leather seats are screaming out for conditioner and some pampering, but no worn spots. Glove box latch is sweet too.

Originial spare bottle top. All electrics work. One dot till it needs inspection.

For some reason the check light comes up on speedo, but once you hit the break it disappears.

15" Basketweaves in good condition. Tyres still have plenty of wear in them.

I couldn't see any dents.

When he started it up it was tapping a little...I think he replaced the [insert word] and he said it isn't running as well, so he's gonna put in the original ones.

Has lowering springs, he couldn't remember what they are.

He did mention he bought a tech 1 kit for it which is sitting in his garage, he said he intends on putting them on a coupe which he may purchase "in the future".

Over all it's pretty mint.

Edited by MS BM

Alright boys.

For some reason the check light comes up on speedo, but once you hit the break it disappears.

That happens on mine. I though it was to check the brake lights???

Lol. Yea it is, all E30's wuth 'check' systems doo it.

Good report Ms BM, did you take it for a hoon?

That happens on mine. I though it was to check the brake lights???

Right, cause until the break lights are activated, the car cannot tell if they are broken. So when you touch the break pedal, teh break light warning goes off on the check control panel hence the instrument display check light also.

Good report Ms BM, did you take it for a hoon?

Thanks. The guy was slightly confused. He seemed a little puzzled as I seemed to know what I was looking for. :)

I didn't take it for a drive. The secret is out. I wouldn't have a clue how to drive a manual.

Thanks. The guy was slightly confused. He seemed a little puzzled as I seemed to know what I was looking for. :)

I didn't take it for a drive. The secret is out. I wouldn't have a clue how to drive a manual.

Posted Image

You should have asked the guy to take you around the block, Even as a passenger you can notice a few things wrong I guess.

Edited by e30ftw

The secret is out. I wouldn't have a clue how to drive a manual.

:lol:

Basically the same as my car I but with leather and a bit lower miles I got mine for 1500 about 18 months ago and spent about 1000 to date on repairs and maintinence. It looks really nice and well cared for... If you really want an E30 then It would be hard to find something better for the same kind of money, also if you intend on keeping it for a while then 3500-4000 or what ever you can bargin him down to I feel would be a good price to pay. As with any car you take a risk buying it because things can and do go wrong, but if you look after it i'm sure it will look after you and you will be very happy with you purchase

just spoke to the owner, he says the rattle is from something rattling in the exhaust. or so he says

just spoke to the owner, he says the rattle is from something rattling in the exhaust. or so he says

It was coming from the engine bay. I can't remember the word. God dammit!