Sign in to follow this  
Guest E302.7T

How much can the stock withstand?

Guest E302.7T

How much power can the e30 260getrag gearbox along with a standard 323i head (731) and a (1985) eta 2,7 block? just getting info up until the build. I have the block, Now just need a G-link, garrett and itl'll be good times :D

BTW just for people in chch last weekend on the aves :(

post-5811-1276867664.jpg

Your better of using the 325i 885 head. Flows alot more and lowers compression to 9.5:1. IIRC you have an early ETA block so you would have 11:1 CR with the 731 323i head.

But people push stock motors 300-400hp easy.. Just some little things you need to consider to be on the safe side like o-ring the block or use a steel headgasket. ARP headstuds..

Go look on e30tech.com, tonnes of info and heaps of 2.7 turbo builds.. Dan Pinder I think his name is, dyno'd something like 460rwhp using a crappy ebay turbo and something like 27psi all on stock internals.

Guest E302.7T

Your better of using the 325i 885 head. Flows alot more and lowers compression to 9.5:1. IIRC you have an early ETA block so you would have 11:1 CR with the 731 323i head.

But people push stock motors 300-400hp easy.. Just some little things you need to consider to be on the safe side like o-ring the block or use a steel headgasket. ARP headstuds..

Go look on e30tech.com, tonnes of info and heaps of 2.7 turbo builds.. Dan Pinder I think his name is, dyno'd something like 460rwhp using a crappy ebay turbo and something like 27psi all on stock internals.

Thats a good thing :D lol. I can get a copper head gasket made up and I can obtain the head studs. the eta bottom end is the one with 10.2.1 CR. So it is possible to run 600hp on standard internals? and where would I happen to obtain an uprated clutch?

post-5811-1276917118.jpg

Yeah it didn't last though it eventually threw a rod lol. How crazy do you wanna go? I'd talk to Crunchy he seems to be the man to talk to for this kinda stuff.

Guest E302.7T

Yeah it didn't last though it eventually threw a rod lol. How crazy do you wanna go? I'd talk to Crunchy he seems to be the man to talk to for this kinda stuff.

I meant at the fly wheel not at the wheels lol

So I'd Be looking at 400hp @TW which would be sick it'd go hard lol

my inspiration is karel021 on youtube lol

Guest E302.7T

Lol difference is his engine is fully forged..

Gay if only they had that here lol on stock internals whats the max you reckon I could run with out killing anything

to give you an idea. i know a m52b28 motor in an e30 that is murdering getrag 260s and its a stock motor.

standard internals on your motor. if you are going turbed no more than 8psi i would say. could go 10 or 12 but motor wont last long at that.

thats my 2c

Go on e30tech. Guys over there running reliable setups stock everything except headstuds and run a reliable 14psi+, or even o-ring + ARP headstuds and run 1bar or more of boost and the motors are easily capable of it.

Go on e30tech. Guys over there running reliable setups stock everything except headstuds and run a reliable 14psi+, or even o-ring + ARP headstuds and run 1bar or more of boost and the motors are easily capable of it.

1 bar = 14 psi = 1 atmosphere

Edited by *Glenn*

Guest E302.7T

to give you an idea. i know a m52b28 motor in an e30 that is murdering getrag 260s and its a stock motor.

standard internals on your motor. if you are going turbed no more than 8psi i would say. could go 10 or 12 but motor wont last long at that.

thats my 2c

Bugger cause I heard from the guy that I bought the block off that his mate has a m20b27 stroker like I plan to do and he runs around 300whp standard everything except for the clutch, thicker head gasket, head studs and thats about it ?thats why I'm confused lol

post-5811-1277098176.jpg

Guest E302.7T

Sweet much needed info cheers dude :D

post-5811-1277098247.jpg

1bar=14.503

and the amount of boost doesnt mean alot its the cfm it produces that makes the differance

a 60 trim t3 can produce 320hp x 1.67= 534cfm

a 3582r can produce 420hp x 1.67= 701cfm

at 1bar theres a big differnce so even the 8psi stated doesnt mean alot.

not pickig on anyone here or on other posts but a T3/4 again doesnt mean anything it only tells you the frame of turbo not what it can produce.

Edited by crunchy

Guest E302.7T

1bar=14.503

and the amount of boost doesnt mean alot its the cfm it produces that makes the differance

a 60 trim t3 can produce 320hp x 1.67= 534cfm

a 3582r can produce 420hp x 1.67= 701cfm

at 1bar theres a big differnce so even the 8psi stated doesnt mean alot.

not pickig on anyone here or on other posts but a T3/4 again doesnt mean anything it only tells you the frame of turbo not what it can produce.

Agreed the bigger they normally are the bigger amount of power lol thats what I go by any way but its better to have a inbetween like a dsr430 not to bad for a cheap turbo but perfect size for spool and power :D lol personally though I love the big garretts :D

post-5811-1277119115.jpg

I'll save crunchy the effort of retyping what he's put in other threads ----> beware of cheap chinese turbos, they're not worth it (in his humble, but professional opinion).

are you making a street car or a drag car?

If street Im making 360atw, not stripped or anything and I can beat GTR skylines with a full car

EDIT: Should be be clearer, keep the racing at the track, and dont break a halfshaft like i did at the dragstrip :\

Edited by Linden

^^ You realise police read this forum too.

Keep your street racing stories to yourself!

It's not clever and it's not cool.

I'll save crunchy the effort of retyping what he's put in other threads ----> beware of cheap chinese turbos, they're not worth it (in his humble, but professional opinion).

Your on the money but i will add the farmer at dsr asked me to go to china to sort his issues he has with the rubbish he sells, gezz i wonder what i told him lolol

Seriously you get what you pay for now in saying that dont take my word for it ask for the flow map for the turbo and the balance spec sheet, and i dont mean the flow map whens its on the car that can be changed easily to read what ever you like thats just a dyno graph.

True comp maps on quality turbos are done by a turbine powered test rig,do a youtube for the test holset did on a chinese gem.

Now he says on his trademe that they spent 3yrs developing the turbos they sell!!!! WHATEVER!!!

They copied someone else who did the years of development lololol

And on that note i wont have chinese crap in my shop but if you can afford a new engine when they distroy it when they let go then go for it. :D

Guest E302.7T

Ow bugger I heard they were quite good I was just going to keep it for a while, (when I get it done) until I get money for a garrett

Guest E302.7T

are you making a street car or a drag car?

If street Im making 360atw, not stripped or anything and I can beat GTR skylines with a full car

EDIT: Should be be clearer, keep the racing at the track, and dont break a halfshaft like i did at the dragstrip :\

Street car only dragging just for kicks fours and rotors. Really? and you've had no problems. Lol at the moment I can't keep "racing" anywhere lost my lisence :(

Guest E302.7T

Your on the money but i will add the farmer at dsr asked me to go to china to sort his issues he has with the rubbish he sells, gezz i wonder what i told him lolol

Seriously you get what you pay for now in saying that dont take my word for it ask for the flow map for the turbo and the balance spec sheet, and i dont mean the flow map whens its on the car that can be changed easily to read what ever you like thats just a dyno graph.

True comp maps on quality turbos are done by a turbine powered test rig,do a youtube for the test holset did on a chinese gem.

Now he says on his trademe that they spent 3yrs developing the turbos they sell!!!! WHATEVER!!!

They copied someone else who did the years of development lololol

And on that note i wont have chinese crap in my shop but if you can afford a new engine when they distroy it when they let go then go for it. :D

MMM so very worth while to go garrett then? I was just planning to run low boost on a dsr430 just for a little until I could afford a garrett would that be ok or would that go out the door too?

MMM so very worth while to go garrett then? I was just planning to run low boost on a dsr430 just for a little until I could afford a garrett would that be ok or would that go out the door too?

its chinese rubbish so i wouldnt want to say what it would do , your guess is as good as mine.

theres also other brands apart from garrett