Sign in to follow this  
dubman

strong-flex.eu bushes

http://www.strong-flex.eu/index.php

I will be ordering some products from this site. I will make the order during mid november after my exams. Shipping is ~ 70 NZD for 1-2kg package, so i thought if some of you guys are interested in these bushes, we can save on shipping.

I'll use paypal to pay and their USD to NZD exchange is 1.29 ATM. I.e 50 USD x 1.29 = 64.5 NZD

I'm not that well informed on the quality of them, but they do offer a 2 year warranty for their RED ones. YELLOW is sports, visit their site for more info.

From some research, they do seem to be the cheaper equivalent to Powerflex, but thats only my opinion. Price talks at the end of the day.

Edited by dubman

Im organizing payments, shipping etc after 2nd Nov after my exams. In the mean time, make a list of the stuff you want, and will sorted it out later. :)

Im gonna be ordering a set this weekend, sorry dubman need them in my hands before December ;)

But I wont need the sway bar bushes (e30), so if anyone wants a set of sway bar bushes (sport 90 ShA) lemme know what diameter you want, before I order, and you can have em for $50.

Ill let ya know the shipping time (EMS) too :ph34r:

Edited by Jacko

^ all good. you can be the guinea pig :P

From ebay reviews, they're pretty darn quick.

would love to knowhow these turn out, it works out round $750 to $800 for a full bush kit, is that cheaper than whats out there?

thanks

How do you figure 750-800? Its under 500 including P&P for a full kit.

Full E30 sport kit, with diff mount and sway bar bushes, with EMS P&P = $462NZ , And the exchange rate has improved since then.

Items under $400NZ (goods not including P&P) slip through customs with no duty/GST/Epic delay/paperwork. Handy thing too know ;)

I priced up some whitelines ones for comparison, even with trade discount and without the swaybar bushing its was over double the strongflex price.

Edited by Jacko

strongflex has the best prices around imo, so if this group order goes ahead without me being the only one buying, it'll be cheap P&P.

Jacko, would be great if you keep us updated with your order. Cheers.

Cool, havent had any requests for sway bar bushes, so Ill just order 20mm and 14.5mm and flick em off later.

^ i finish exams on 2nd nov, hopefully I will be placing the order on the 8th of nov depending when i get peoples moneys. I'm leaving the country for a 2 month holiday on the 8th of Dec, hopefully everyone will get their bushes by then.

Who's still keen? I will put the order through sometime next week. I will set a definite deadline for payment within a couple of days as i get a reply about the costs of shipping and the time it takes.

The shipping will be split between the number of people buying. The exchange rate i will be using is USD to NZD. Using paypal for payment, so 1.29 exchange rate i.e 50 USD = 64.5.

Please send me a PM about any inquiries, will do the best i can to answer.

Edited by dubman

Got a reply about VAT from strong-flex, for those interested:

It depends on order total and your time.

We are able to send it without VAT (22%), but it takes about one/two weeks more time - due to customs procedure. When we send it as 'gift' it takes about 4-5 working days by EMS. In case of import/export procedure - about 10-15 working days. It's up to you.

Usually, for orders below 1000 USD we prefer standard selling (including VAT) + faster shipping.

Yup, I got the same answers last night too. They all get sent as a $200US gift, so no duty/GST/BS on this side which is nice.

At least they are fast to reply to emails.

Sounds like the reason for the VAT charges is due to extra paperwork for exporting....

Took just over a week from payment for the bushes to leave poland, which isnt amazing but isnt shedhot either.

i'd rather get the products sent with VAT, turns out to be 7.5% cheaper than no VAT but NZ customs BS tax and fees added on.

Fruit speaker + calculator = results :D

So has anyone used these guys as well as Powerflex? Wondering about difference of price vs quality... not in the market for a few months (make that a fair few months lol :( ), but it pays to ask...

Google had a link comparing the two, essentially strong-flex=powerflex for less $.

Ill post some pics when mine turn up, this week sometime I assume.

2 weeks later - Bushes at the doorstep

Look pretty good, diff mount has a couple of bubbles in it, but nothing troubling. Get a little tube of grease too ;)

I went for an 80Sha diff mount bush, and its noticeably softer to all the other 90Sha bushes. Still much harder than stock rubber ones though.

Posted Image

2 weeks? that was pretty decent. Sweet, thanks for the pics, i'll be ordering soon.

Did you opt for EMS postage?

Yup EMS express, which is handled by NZ post on this side.

Changed the diff bush today, A bit of a headsup if someone wants to do similar.

#1 -Pull the rear diff cover off!. Dont naff around, remove it :D

#2 -Youll need a sharp knife/scalpel to tweak some of the lip of the bushing. It interferes with the casting on the fwd side, and the bolt/washer on the rear.

#3 -Use a press to get the old bushing out, a BFH aint gonna budge it ;)

#4 -Grease the bush up, its a serious interference fit. Pop the large half in first, then flip it over and tap the second peice in with a soft faced hammer.

#5 -Throw the cover in the vice and pop the steel centre peice in. This is also fecking tight. Throw one of the big washers on the back to hold the bush in.

#6 -Stick both washers in ,and work the bush home using the vice while rotating the cover around to push it all down square.

It sits nicely once its all in, but is a bit of mission to get in as It trys to pop back out until its all together.

Thread Dig !

After 18 months, finally got around to order them :rolleyes:

Weirdest form of CAB i've seen, but at 350NZD for the full set (incl. 2 weeks shipping from Poland), i'm keen to see how they turn out. Will be swapping them in 2 stages; Front set with new control arms and rack ends. And in Spring, taking the car off the road for 2 weeks to do a rear subframe maintenance.

The bottom half is easily pressed into the Lower control arm, sitting flush with shaft end. The bush encases a bit of the lower wing

post-5113-1337856055.jpg

CAB is in two pieces

post-5113-1337856059.jpg

Far right is the lower end of the bush, the grooves are for the control arm shaft end post-5113-1337856066.jpg