Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

Pelican parts

Looking at bringing an order of braided brake line & cooling system hoses, amongst other things. Anyone have ideas on what shipping would be worth? Best I can tell the weight should be under 20 lb, whats the cutoff value of goods before it starts attracting import duties?

$60-100 NZD are the usual shipping costs.

Keep it under $400 NZD for the items and shipping. The GST threshold is $60+

Last time I spent $410, customs took advantage of that and I had a $100 bill from them. SIGH!

$60-100 NZD are the usual shipping costs.

Keep it under $400 NZD for the items and shipping. The GST threshold is $60+

Last time I spent $410, customs took advantage of that and I had a $100 bill from them. SIGH!

Hmmm, sorta negates the gain in lower priced parts once that gets taken into account. Is the Grab Snatch & Take threshold that low? Thieving bastards!! <_<

I'm sure when I used to buy parts from Pelican they'd give you the shipping cost before you went through checkout?

I'm sure when I used to buy parts from Pelican they'd give you the shipping cost before you went through checkout?

Yeah they do, you just have to go through all the checkout menus up to the last page where you confirm, it has a shipping cost total.

Yeah they do, you just have to go through all the checkout menus up to the last page where you confirm, it has a shipping cost total.

Thanks to this thread just priced up an order from Pelican. Made a 'project list' as can't quite afford to buy yet, but to give others an example, a water pump + belt, Fan Clutch, expansion tank + clip came to $67USD shipping.

what are you saving that by not shopping with Gavin? you might save $10 or $20 in my experience but your not helping out the local guy and your waiting at least a week for your parcel.

$20 is worth different things to different people i guess. not trying to be a d*ck.

YouShop

Also try PreZoom

Both of these give you a US address, so you can also take advantage of retailers who don't ship out of the US.

( I haven't tried them yet) but you can compare shipping cost.

Matt, I have saved mega bucks by importing parts for my 97 M3, with BMW's 10 day turn around on most OEM parts I require and the prices they charge eg $ 700 for a water pump cut to $500 when I complained.

I have no sleepless nights about taking my business outside of NZ even if it's only for $20 bucks.

Mark