Sign in to follow this  
bravo

'89 e32 735 Alpina on TM

I am thinking of going to have a look, but no f-all about this model.

Ideas on an approx price range, things to look for and so on would be appreciated. Not a huge 7er fan, but it appears to be genuine Alpina, and so that makes it that little bit special.

Edit: sh*t, forgot the link

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

I'm not all that sure its a genuine Alpina, generally they have a code not just a Alpina badge on it. That car looks to just have the mags, no kit or nothing on it like the other auction.

Even though its a fake this one looks like an Alpina e32 should I believe,That looks more genuine than the one in that auciton.

The one in your auction has no pinstripe, no body kit (from what i can see or am i blind), and hte badge looks freshly added :).

Edited by E30stz

and hte badge looks freshly added :).

Can't say I see how you tell that, but the 740 is definately the choicer car, and its start bid is what I would have thought the 735 might be worth.

I don't really want a gas guzzler like that anyway, but still might go check it out.

Any genuine full Alpina car wouldn't have the BMW naming conventions but rather Alpina's own Bn naming convention such as the B5, B7 etc.

Looks like a 7 with mags and a badge to me.

A genuine Alpina should have it's own build plate inside. Along with all the other bits pointed out. Spoilers front and rear as well as the pin striping.

the 740 might use less petrol than the 735.Some Alpina cars may have been converted in the UK by Syntners and the like(Alpina agents)It seemes like you can get as little or as much as you wanted.I found this out when i was looking at a alpina modded e34 which had only some of the B10 mods....

if you dont like em, dont get em.

no point in getting just cos its an alpina

Neither of these cars are genuine Alpinas.

The 740 certainly isnt and I told the guy selling it so, when he was advertising it as genuine.....its an iL for fcuks sake.

The 735i was what Synter used to create the B11 and the 750i became the B12.

Paul is right. The 735 would be taken to Synters, youd be given an options list and you could spec whatever you liked. However this car just doesnt appear to have enough on it.

Believe me, the value of genuine Alpinas is such that when you have one you will certainly be advertising it properly, with pics of the build plate for a start.

All the other bits (alloys, steering wheel, seats, stripes, skirts, needles etc) are cosmetic and easily added either at the factory or after market.

Im pretty sure that genuine Alpinas have a different start to their chassis number too, but Im not certain.

The true worth of the 740 is an awful lot less than they want.

Remember a genuine B12 (one of only several hundred in the world) sold for 5k a few months ago. Its was LHD like most Alpinas and wasnt registered which didnt help its price, but it was the real deal.

Thanks for the clarification on that mr sims. Obviously any old joker can stick a badge (or sticker) on their car and make wild claims, it's just our job to point and laugh at them and the suckers that believe it.

Aside, just curious Martyn, since your name is Martyn, why is your username Martyyn - did you make a typo when you registered your username and then just went with it???

Edited by ///Carl

Aside, just curious Martyn, since your name is Martyn, why is your username Martyyn - did you make a typo when you registered your username and then just went with it???

Well your names Carl but you have ///Carl :D

Well I started years ago with msims, then when I registered for places where it was taken I had mmsimss then when it came to using mmmsimsss I thought fcuk it Ill try martyyn.

Ive spent my entire life telling people how to spell my name so I thought Id emphasise it and Ive only had one place in the last 6 or so years where it was already taken and that was Skype !

Well your names Carl but you have ///Carl :D

Well I started years ago with msims, then when I registered for places where it was taken I had mmsimss then when it came to using mmmsimsss I thought fcuk it Ill try martyyn.

Ive spent my entire life telling people how to spell my name so I thought Id emphasise it and Ive only had one place in the last 6 or so years where it was already taken and that was Skype !

Haha, yes, but at least Carl is spelt correctly :finger:

Goddamn you're an interdweeb slut :lol:

Hmmm, I guess we can discuss this further over a beer on Friday anyway :D

Thanks Martyn and others.

I won't bother even looking at the vehicle as it looks a tad shabby, and was only interested if it was a genuine (or close to it) Alpina at a ridiculously cheap price.

I had been wondering about the duplicated y for awhile myself but never bothered to ask.

Chur.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

All genuine Alpinas' Chassis No's begin with WAPB. The original BMW one stamped in the engine bay on the Strut Housing?? is crossed out & re stamped with the WAPB No.

I know this because I own the B12 5.0(The real deal) that was on Trade Me earlier this year

Also the B11 & B12 had front spoilers only. No Alpina factory rear skirts on the B11 or B12.

Cheers(first post)

Kento

Cheers(first post)

Kento

Thanks and Welcome!

I love alpina wheels i want some e36 ones but they wouldnt fit!!

Speaking of alpinasssss

Has anyone seen the white e36 coupe in chch, alpina stripes (mmmm) and wheels, was on tard me ages ago, tan interior soooo nice

Havn't seen it but will def keep my eyes peeled for it. I think I saw it on TM. It was a 318i from memory but looked nice. I didn't realize it was in Ch Ch.