Sign in to follow this  
Docile

Alpina transmission flash

I've heard Botany Motor Works and / or BM Workshop can do this.

Wonder if the people why do this, can also flash the M Performance software? Apparently it's similar procedure, at least for N55 engines.

anyone done this to their 135 / e90 n54?

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20991

would be keen to get mine done if anyone can do it:)

Been running it for over 2 years now , must do mod for the 6AT N54 imo

BMworkshop botany did mine

I've heard Botany Motor Works and / or BM Workshop can do this.

Wonder if the people why do this, can also flash the M Performance software? Apparently it's similar procedure, at least for N55 engines.

m performance software> haven't heard about this , got a link on any info?

BMWs official tune that you can get from the dealers. Team McMillan quoted me $2500 for it.

Looking at the list of mods on your car I don't think it'll be much use to you :D

But I saw some people have found a way to flash it for free on some N55 cars:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31885

I'm not too keen to go for Cobb or JB4 as all that extra power means extra maintenance, but the BMW flash is conservative and enhances the exhaust sound nicely.

Been running it for over 2 years now , must do mod for the 6AT N54 imo

BMworkshop botany did mine

how much was the alpina coding?

BMWs official tune that you can get from the dealers. Team McMillan quoted me $2500 for it.

Looking at the list of mods on your car I don't think it'll be much use to you :D

But I saw some people have found a way to flash it for free on some N55 cars:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31885

I'm not too keen to go for Cobb or JB4 as all that extra power means extra maintenance, but the BMW flash is conservative and enhances the exhaust sound nicely.

Ahh the PPK software - ya its a mild tune for like 30hp which to me is ridiculous for $2500

TBH either tune (cobb/jb4/mhd) OTS (off the shelf maps) maps are conservative and will increase your hp gain by at least 60hp and they're all sub $1k for a lot of features etc

anything higher you would want to start thinking about the cooling side to keep everything in check (eg upgraded FMIC/ downpipes etc) and then the modding bug starts :P

there's a few of us here running the JB4 and the cobb

how much was the alpina coding?

can't remember exactly , would of been doing a few things at the same time as well - best bet is to ring them on Monday and ask

emailed Ross yesterday. will see how it goes :) why arent they open in the weekends :'(

Ahh the PPK software - ya its a mild tune for like 30hp which to me is ridiculous for $2500

TBH either tune (cobb/jb4/mhd) OTS (off the shelf maps) maps are conservative and will increase your hp gain by at least 60hp and they're all sub $1k for a lot of features etc

anything higher you would want to start thinking about the cooling side to keep everything in check (eg upgraded FMIC/ downpipes etc) and then the modding bug starts :P

there's a few of us here running the JB4 and the cobb

The BMW one changes the sound nicely in a way the others don't. No way I'd pay $2500 for it but if I could get it cheap I'd go for it.

Not keen to go the JB4 or Cobb route at this stage, don't want to start pouring money into mods. Can't really complain about the car's stock performance, it's not exactly slow :)

MHD has no support for N55 engines currently. No telling if that will happen.

Oh sweet. Will give ray a call

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

definitly worth it,done it myself (downloads online etc)on 335i n54 and love it,also good on gas if in drive mode cause shifts through gears quickly.