Brendog

New Member intro

After owing Audi and VW for a long time I'm back to BMW. Absolutely loving my 2007 130i m sport. She's all standard (rather keep it that way unless theres a must do recommendation?). Looking for maintenance tips as I'm planning on changing diff, transmission, engine oil myself. Will only add best/recommended oils so currently researching what to get. Also need to restore the headlights.

Cheers

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

• Like 2

Wow - it looks fantastic!

I've used Mothers NuLens renewal headlight kit on my cars - it worked really well. Some people say you can use toothpaste and other things too.

Tim

toothpaste is a myth, dont bother wasting your time, or wasting toothpaste.

nice 130i - castrol edge 5w-30 is what I used, but plenty of options to choose from for engine oil.

You need to update your long aerial with one of these:

Thanks for the tips. Planning on doing this for the headlights or buying a restoration kit: 

Edited by Brendog
  • Like 1

wetsand with different grit sandpaper and let it dry overnight then spray clearcoat. good enough for a few years

On 11/17/2017 at 3:21 PM, qube said:

wetsand with different grit sandpaper and let it dry overnight then spray clearcoat. good enough for a few years

2000 - 2500 grit probably

I personally buffed my headlights - with a cutting compound (but you'll need to find a orbital buffer)

Edited by 325_driver