Sign in to follow this  
525ee87

E28 new owner

Hey guys! Purchased a 1987 e28 525ee at the beginning of this year and have been absolutely loving it. I intend to keep her original and want to keep her for as long as possible. Any recommendations on where to get OME parts at reasonable prices? I have been recommended BMparts. Is it worth getting them from overseas on websites such as pelicanparts? 

Cheers guys. 

Welcome to the forum! I use FCP Euro, Rockauto and Schmiedmann. I've been advised to stay away from Pelican parts by a few people but haven't used them myself. The easiest way I find to get parts is to go to https://carjam.co.nz/ put your rego in, grab you VIN number and then put that into https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select which will give you all the part numbers you need.

• Like 2

FCP euro is great, not sure how extensive their E28 catalogue is but prices, service and shipping is fantastic.

thanks for the info hopefully can get hold of some parts after the lock down !

e28's seem to be the flavour for this month. 

A 525ae has been my tow vehicle for the last 8-10 years, the most reliable car I,ve owned, torquey, very frugal on petrol and a great cruising car.

• Like 2