sweetm3

Whats happened to M3AN and his Projects

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 6:34 PM, M3AN said:

The point you seemed to have missed Jon is that I didn't break any rules. This is an obvious case of administrative overreach, perhaps your time would be better spent on solving that problem? Your various replies seem utterly tone-deaf (hence my facepalm emoji).

Strange, when I look at the Forum Guidelines (call them rules if you wish) which are stickied in a number of the sub-forums, in the section entitled "Reasons for moderation at our discrection" there are quite a few areas that you may have missed.

Point 2, Personal Attacks of which there were several throughout the thread and in your PM.

Point 7, Point 9, Point 12, Point 13, Point 14, Point 15. Some are quite similar and overlap a bit, but you get the gist.

You may well argue, that if these rules were applied fully then just about every post on Bimmersport would be moderated, which is probably true, but that is where the element of "discretion" comes into it. The intention is not to stifle any debate or discussion, but to intervene once things have gone beyond the point of being what a reasonable person would accept. If you feel that is over-reach then maybe the problem lies elsewhere.

You could also suggest that constantly repeating "I didn't break any rules" and not being prepared to listen to exaplanations is also a form of deafness.

39 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I was going with the new consensus of posting what the hell you like, as long as you are not offended, it was only a joke, I didn't break any rules, moderation needs to be relaxed, etc. Too much too soon?

I was going to just go with just a "Ok boomer" as we were at emoji level, but thought that a little crass, so expanded a little to give it some context.

So is that not the new behaviour that everybody wants, I'm so confused, if people could only make their mind up or at least be consistent that would be great.

no Jon, it's just again that you expect differently from others than you do of yourself i feel. and your "Ok boomer" attitude clearly shows this. Jon, maybe it's time you stepped aside for awhile if you are a little confused to give you time to gather your thoughts? 

as a community are we not allowed to call those that are "superior" out for acting in ways that they ? or is this turning into a dictatorship? 

Again, like multiple people have highlighted. This forum needs new leadership, and some new moderators. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

If you post stuff that breaks the rules then it will be removed

But the person posting and breaking a rule must be advised why he is being warned or why his post is deleted so that he can reply. That's been a rule for the whole time I have been on here.. It applies to administrators, owners and moderators.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

But the person posting and breaking a rule must be advised why he is being warned or why his post is deleted so that he can reply. That's been a rule for the whole time I have been on here.. It applies to administrators, owners and moderators.

Yup, something that has been followed, with the possible exception of For Sale posts without prices and/or pictures for the umpteenth time from the same poster.

3 hours ago, Arron said:

Again, like multiple people have highlighted. This forum needs new leadership, and some new moderators. 

Fill your boots!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, M3AN said:

Last word much Jon? 🙄

Just an explanation for you, to again show what it was that needed moderation.

Its part of the right of reply, explanation, etc that you wanted.

It has been suggested we lock this thread but I have left it open so that there is still the opportunity for a reply. I’m happy to close it now if you’ve finished?

+1 close this thread and move on. we have better things to discuss

• Thanks 1