Sign in to follow this  
r0tary15

Sr20det Bmw E30 Project

Not sure exactly, but 2 people can lift it without gearbox attached. With the 4wd attesa gearbox attached (the biggest behemoth gearbox I've seen in a car), 4 of us struggled to drag it under my mates car.

the sr20 is way lighter, i had a 318 in my bmr and when the sr20 went in, the front of the car raised up a fair bit ay, between 1-2"higher. all alloy engine against cast iron....

Yes your right the sr20det is alot lighter as my car has raised alot higher than it was with the bmw engine in it............heres some pictures of my intercooler piping done.........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Will not be using that radiator in the car will be getting a new 1

alright, i need tissues and some lube.... Your car is hot!!!

What are you doing for brakes suspension etc?

Edited by sakdbma

Havent Decided what im going to be doing with the brake side of things yet , Im trying to find some coil overs for it thats what im going to be using for suspension side of things

Have you spoken to darren a.k.a SRBMW, his setup is pretty good...

no sorry i havent....Wanted Urgently does any1 no what other brakebooster will fit in a e30 thats alot smaller than the e30 1???? or does any1 no wer a e21 brakebooster is???

Thats a very nice project. Your putting alot into it. Looks great

One thing I would do though.....put some bloody spark plugs in it...ya never know wot might get in there.

Thats a very nice project. Your putting alot into it. Looks great

One thing I would do though.....put some bloody spark plugs in it...ya never know wot might get in there.

Thanks............there is spark plugs in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have just purchased leather interior for it ...................

Interior is not yet in the car tho

Heres a Few Pictures of what it looks like all original leather has not been retrimmed ............

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

noice, looks quite tidy! give it a good leather condition. keep it nice, it'll look good with the silver to, did you respray the whole car or just the engine bay? Did you have much rust?

good sh*t, its pre f/l aye? have you had the windows out yet? id take em out just to make sure you havn't got any rust in the base of the screens, they ALL seem to rust there, do you have a sunroof?

Yup preface lift model yup got sunroof which is mint as no rust in it and nah havent taken out windows. you dont no of en1 hu makes or has a front bumper for 1 ?

Has any1 got black leather interior for a e30 im wanting the rear seats and all the door cards ????

actually now that you mention it...how much money do you have? plus i have an M-tech 2 bumper (in shite condition but soon to be mint) if your keen.

Can you please email me pics of the M-tec 2 Front bumper please could be keen to buy it

email address - lazerphoto@xtra.co.nz

Thanks

sorry bro just got word that m-tech 2 front isnt for sale anymore.

Edited by Rangi

look at IPLEZR's thread. He used a Hnda brake booster and put it in the cabin behind the glovebox lol i know but hey i guess at least his brakes work :blink: