Sign in to follow this  
basildogz

adding more hp power to my bmw.

:D Hi beemer fans

i want to know alternatives to increase my power in my car, ;)

i do not want supercharge or turbo charge..... so what other things can i do to my car besides tune chipping? B)

i have heard something about changing fuel injectors?> what do they do?

what else can i change??? i suppose i want to change parts on the car to performance ones rather than slap on turbos and superchargers for now.

try to get the most out of my NA car firstly

:lol:

anyways..

hope to hear from you informed performance dudes.

cheers :rolleyes:

need way more info man,

car model?

auto/manual?

how much you got to spend?

what do you use the car for?

how much more power do you want?

any mods already?

if you haven't already, have a search, this sort of thing has been covered heaps.

e46 manual... Noice.

Maybe try a Simota Carbon CAI... There was a thread about one on an e36 m3 not to long ago, There is a fair bit you can do to these to get a bit of power out of them, josh (Hybrid) knows a bit about them (As he owns a 330ci)

Also exhaust and ive heard you can change the throttle body/intake manifold to one that flows a bit better...

hey ya, .. nice car dude ! :)

There is a few good things you can do.. mild to wild as usual with any car.

I would start with headers and exhaust system first .. there are some nice systems around .. super sprint do an awesome header setup for them .. but they aren’t cheap :(

Next would be your intake system, start with a cold air system Dinan do a good one for the e46... carbon fibre too :)

next inline would be you throttle body, you can actually use the e36 m3 system on these and ditch the fly by wire throttle in favour for a cable one. its a little expensive .. but done the right way can give you good gains.

There are various after market ECU remaps and the likes you can get. but as always with N/A it gets more and more expensive the more HP you want.

These are all in the NA realm ... but the other way is with a super charger .. you'd be able to get about 100 more HP at around 5800-6000 RPM. Remember while a good gain .. central fugal supercharger power which only reaches its peak in the high rev bands.

other things would be .. change out to a custom LSD diff and better ratio, this will reduce your top speed vs. rev ratio .. but gives you more acceleration

personally I think you will have more fun spending money a on good suspension setup.

Nice car , not many around.

It wont increase youre power but..

Lightened flywheel & short ratio LSD will really wake it up.

I know this to be true.

Hey Dude,

Nice car to drive , Check out www.superchips.co.nz.

The best money you will spend on your vehicle. I have a 328i e46. What a difference.

Cheers

anybody else superchipped their car from superchips?

i wanna know. the gains.... on average how much hp +++ gains?

i wants some testimonials.. hahahaha

enlighten me to superchip .... persuave me :rolleyes:

^^

cheers

anybody else superchipped their car from superchips?

i wanna know. the gains.... on average how much hp +++ gains?

i wants some testimonials.. hahahaha

enlighten me to superchip .... persuave me :rolleyes:

^^

cheers

Personally i would never touch an "off the shelf" chip. These may be more agressively tuned for performance but as they are not specifically tuned your engine they may run too rich or too lean in areas and therefore may result in poorer perfomance and/or economy in areas and in worse case scenarios it may result in engine damage.

Getting a chip that is tuned for your engine with your car on a dyno using air fuel ratio and exhaust gas temperature readouts would be a better way to go, but I have no idea who can do it for later model bmw's over here.

Personally i would never touch an "off the shelf" chip. These may be more agressively tuned for performance but as they are not specifically tuned your engine they may run too rich or too lean in areas and therefore may result in poorer perfomance and/or economy in areas and in worse case scenarios it may result in engine damage.

Getting a chip that is tuned for your engine with your car on a dyno using air fuel ratio and exhaust gas temperature readouts would be a better way to go, but I have no idea who can do it for later model bmw's over here.

Superchips load up YOUR ecu file and then modify it . Its not off the shelf .Then It is then refitted to your vehicle and the adaptive nature relearns to how you drive, They can also do all BMW even new ones like the 335 turbo and 745 E65. It also comes with a lifetime warranty.