Sign in to follow this  
Druid

Gidday, New Member

Howdy

Just bought myself 520i Executive (makes me sound rather flash I think hehe), and having previously owned a selection of American & Japanese cars I thought I'd try something new. Bought on a bit of a whim off TM, I'm hoping I'm not in over my head.

Anyways, thought I'd introduce myself, I'm a basically retired 63 year old, 3 ankle biters, own my own house (and no, the bank doesn't own any of it, at least not since I last checked) and collect old radios in my spare time - of which there never seems to be much. Lost my wife a couple of months ago to cancer, and she's usually been the car decidee of the family, so hopefully I've done her proud by buying a vehicle myself without her usual input.

Why a Beamer, well I'm not really sure. Prior to my oldest sons other half buying one for what seemed to be practically nothing, I had always thought BMWs were for flashy high salary type business people. Lol, more fool me.

Anyways, thats me in a nut shell, no doubt you'll hear a bit from me - I've owned the car a week and I'm still learning things!

Thanks

Druid

welcome,

Plenty to learn, lots of help on here. :D

Welcome!! You sound like a bit of a hard case, which means you'll fit in here well.

What year is the 520?

Welcome and have fun. We'll look forward to some photos of it sometime too.

Edited by Cain

welcome aboard, you are in the right place. Have only owned my BMW since Jan this year and these guys and gals have help me out heaps. so any problems and I'm sure someeone will assist you. Happy motoring Druid

Yea welcome - Im sure youll find this site of interest, always someone thats had experience with most issues that crop up with cars from this marque.