Sign in to follow this  
H4RDUP

330Ci M Sport

ill take the gearbox :D

Seriously though, not to be a dick .. but its a bit pricey for an 01 with 92,000k on the clock ... I paid 45 for mine with 40,000k's 3 years ago. Manual gear box is only 6k new from BMW.

Yeah it really depends what sort of buyer you find, for $50k you can get a M5 2001 on 120,000km's at the moment which is pretty damn cheap. Cheapest E46 M3 is another 5k on that.

I would have thought your car would fit in the 30-35k bracket but look into getting a redbook valuation if your worried price is going to affect your interest. They'll give you a more accurate value of the car.

Edited by E30stz

Yeah I dunno either about its real price but I am negotiable and I'd rather reduce the price progressively than sell it too quick if it was too cheap. This initial price drop was largely due to me also seeing like you have that M3s have dropped below $60K now. Where I came from (Australia) my car would easily sell for $55000 Aus! I'm really banking on another enthusiast longing for the manual gearbox which seem to be very thin on the ground here. I see other 330Cis advertised privately for over $50K that are also NZ New but they do have less mileage. I don't know why there is such an issue with mileage affecting the price here - maybe due to the low mileage imports that come flooding in that are probably wound back in alot of cases or low mileage done in mainly stop start traffic. Back in Australia I have seen 330Cis with 200000klms advertised for $38000 Aus - admittedly I don't know what they sold for though...Looks like I may have to take it back to Australia with me then. I have had a couple of calls from the ad (when it was still at $43900!) but they appeared to just be tyre kickers.

What's this $6000 for manual new from BMW? Is that a retrofit kit including all new parts to convert from Auto to manual or something else?

Hybrid - Has yours got a few options fitted too for that price you paid? I'm assuming it's NZ New but an auto right? Surely I am correct in saying that the coupes also command a higher price than sedans?

$1 reserve it on Trade Me, then you'll find out what it's worth.

What's this $6000 for manual new from BMW? Is that a retrofit kit including all new parts to convert from Auto to manual or something else?

Yeah last time I looked for the 330.. Just for all the parts ... not including mods to the drive shaft and fitting.

Hybrid - Has yours got a few options fitted too for that price you paid? I'm assuming it's NZ New but an auto right? Surely I am correct in saying that the coupes also command a higher price than sedans?

um yeah, a few minor options .... the rest I changed over myself. (body panels, wheels, interior, etc)

mine is auto .. which suits me fine for city driving.

you are correct the Ci's especially in manual do command a higher price, but not much more than 5-8k higher .. just its is offset in the market by the slightly higher k's .. however 92k on a BMW is hardly high k's, but general joe public dont know that.

defanitly a nice ride though .. !

Not desperate enough to go $1 reserve just yet!

So for $6000 you could drive your car in as an auto and back out as a manual with all labour included? If so, I wish I had've investigated that before buying mine as it would've been far easier than finding on in manual to begin with. I even had an auto 330Ci to change to manual prior to this car and never thought of even finding out about it.

I'm surprised you think that a manual coupe may be worth $5-8K more as I figured it may be worth say up to $5K more than a similar spec auto. But, yes it may be the mileage that puts some off. I still think with M Sport package, sunroof, DSC, HK etc that I can't be too far from the mark. I struggle to see how it can only be worth $30-35K when 325Cis are advertised for that - without any options at all. My only real concern is that as I continue to rack up the mileage to the tune of around 600 kms per week, the value will keep dropping...

In the end I guess I'll just need to sit it out.

BTW: Hybrid, I'm pretty sure I've seen your 330 in the city a while back and it certainly caught my eye as very few people seem to mod e46s here.

Just seen on Trade Me someone with a 2001 323Ci (although I thought the very last 323Cis were 2000 models so may actually be a 325Ci) in manual with slightly lower Kms and non original sedan style M Sport bumpers, no sunroof etc for $43K so surely mine can't seem overpriced with that competition.

Not desperate enough to go $1 reserve just yet!

So for $6000 you could drive your car in as an auto and back out as a manual with all labour included? If so, I wish I had've investigated that before buying mine as it would've been far easier than finding on in manual to begin with. I even had an auto 330Ci to change to manual prior to this car and never thought of even finding out about it.

No way - the gearbox alone would be 6000. Then you need driveshaft, who knows what computer changes heaps of labour

you can get the driftshaft modified and re-balanced for about $500. The computer changes are just a simple drive into BMW and plugin to their computer system and get the option changed to manual transmission. Its about $120 per visit.

What did you get for it?

I accepted $900 less than my advertised price...and sold it with 95K on the clock in the end!