Sign in to follow this  
007_BMW

want ideas for moding my 328i mspec

hi guys new to this forum, ive just got myself a mint bmw 328i mspec, it goes well but you no how it goes theres never enough power, so any ideas on modding it would be greatly apreciated , sum details on the car at the moment.

its a bmw 328i m spec 1996 52000k on the clock.

18" DTM Blitz Wheels

Dunlop Sport Maxx Tyres

35% Tints All Round

Lowering Kit Installed

Full M3 Struts & Suspension

Xenon 10000k Headlights

CCFL Angel Eyes

Full M Spec Body Kit

Full Clear Lights Kit

Leather Interior

5 Speed Manual Gearbox with Short Shift Kit

Full Chrome Front Grill

engine is standard so its time for it to recieve some treatment i think.

post-1890-1176714164_thumb.jpg

Edited by 007_BMW

total over haul, heads, cams, headers, injectors, new chip exhaust... its all how deep your pockets are really, what can you afford ?? id go for cams first, but thats just my opinion, get it ground up, and it'll increase hp, then id go for intake and exhaust, new headers, then its gonna need more fuel... so regulator, injectors and to make it all work, computer, then after that id work on stopping, by doing breaks. but thats just me, im sure others have different opinions.

bit of an all over the place post theres so many things u can do but its al what u like and money,

looks f**kin insane by the way.!!

Edited by QuickSilver

Been looking at that on Trademe, mint as man, given me some ideas. Nice purchase.

What is it with black 328s?

Is it standard manual? Lightened flywheel wakes it up.

Lsd really helps with the skids too.:P

M50 intake manifold & enlarged throttle body are reportedly good for 15 hp with remap(you cant "chip" these things.)

A few horses in a good quality exhaust.

Cams from Shrick and others are avaliable but pricey.US m3 cams are an option to look at.

Have a look at Turner motorsport,Bimmerworld,Eurosport etc for prices if like to scare yourself.

Lots to do on the suspension too.

So much fun :)

right lets start from the begining here lol right the general concencous (cannot spell sorry) is headers and cams. its alright saying i should do this, but i wouldnt have a clue how to go about sourcing the parts or who to go to, to install it all. and the main issue how much money its going to cost me. i dont want to do anything to dramatic so i guess modifications that could be reversed and returned to standard pritty easily would be a good idea.

Good headers, $600 is the starting rate, then install, no idea i've always done these things myself, im only guessing about $200 for install (thats them connecting to exhaust or if u bought whole new exhaust hooking it all up) and cams, you can either buy them already ground up etc, for again, id say $400 upwards. I always send mine away via a friends work for about $250 to get ground up, I tell them how lumpy etc I want them and they do it and send it back, then I install myself, but I dont think isntalling a cam would be very exspensive, $150 maybe??

So to recap,

budget $800 for headers,

budget $600 for cams,

this is just what ive paid in previous cars, theres such a massive difference in ALL sorts of products, different quality, opinions, so its hard to say, but yea.. and ontop of that leave a couple hundred spare just in case ;)

in terms of reversability, cams can be switched back to standard, provided you didnt modify your standard one, and headers can be removed and manifold re-attached, but if you re-did entire exhaust system then manifold will affect tuning as pipes wont be the right fitting etc etc.

As for installation and sourcing, there are plenty of people here who can point u in the right direction, and im sure some will also help you install (possibly for a price of course) or atleast tell u how to do it, both those mods are not hard mods to install at all, as it involves no modding yourself, you get the parts made and just stick em on,

Edited by QuickSilver