Sign in to follow this  
Docile

mags cleaning

just bought 18's for my car.. and it has some black sediments on da lip which i cant remove.. they're like black dots and are bumpy.. any suggestions?? i was gonna use methanol and try to take it out but might damage da mags..

could be paint, or clumped up dust or dirt, something like that, or possibly burnt rubber from previous tyres, meths or something like that should take it off, are your mags currently painted??? cos if not it shouldnt damage them, i COULD BE WRONG but if their not painted should be fine,

umm they're factory m series wheels.. white colour

I brought some Mothers All Wheel for my wheels, and it cleans them up real good. You could give that a try or something simular.

tar ..

meguiar's tar and bug remover ... -> super cheap ... best sh*t since sliced bread. I get it all the time .

If the wheels aren't painted and just polished alloy (look for machining marks) you can use mag acid (which funnily enough is an acid) with a toothbrush give it a quick scrub then wash off.

If the wheels are painted you will need something with at least a little bite, caustic/solvent based.. Just make sure to take it off quickly.

Often even on some alloys where the acid won't get it off we end up paiting over it with a similar colour. Works well, can't notice it.

By your description it just sounds like tar, spray degreaser on them, if it runs it's tar. Just takes a bit of rubbing to get them off.